Senior Manager, Content Operations
Location: Universal City, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
NBC Entertainment Digital is a fast paced, innovative marketing and technology group that builds award-winning digital products. What makes us unique from the rest of the burgeoning technology world is that we get to work with high profile, recognized content on multi-platforms and have the backing of a world leading Media Company. If you want to work on the future of television alongside amazingly talented colleagues, then this is the place for you.
NBC Digital is looking for a highly motivated operation lead to oversee and enforce quality control (QC) standards for NBC Entertainment’s growing digital library. As the Senior Manager, Content Operations, you’ll ensure that each program has the full complement of metadata and artwork components to help our consumers discover and enjoy our shows. This unique position requires you to be a master of video supply chain diplomacy; effectively negotiating and collaborating across teams for timely availability and proper representation of content on NBC.com and the NBC app - home to some of the best entertainment from America’s #1 Network.
You’ll be a key subject matter expert in all areas associated with asset requirements, metadata display and content governance. Your diligence in driving operational excellence will play an instrumental role in advancing NBCUniversal’s positioning within the competitive, rapidly evolving digital landscape.
Develop and oversee QC protocols working with technology and business partners to regulate, capture, audit, analyze, and improve video content availability across NBC, Bravo, E!, Oxygen, Syfy, Telemundo, and USA AppsDrive operational improvements to metadata asset supply chain; teaming up with editorial copywriters, video distribution specialists, digital platform producers, and support teams to proactively address all stakeholder demands and concernsOwn the creation and maintenance of a content rollout schedule to align with NBCD department initiatives across technology, content operations, editorial and product teamsOversee team of QC associates conducting daily checks, troubleshooting and issue escalationsLead operational on-boarding efforts with new partnersLiaising with internal and external partners to ensure successful content delivery from start to finishSupport operational metadata standards including assistance with documentation, tracking and validationCreate, maintain and revise as needed: process maps, workflows, standard operating proceduresParticipate in user acceptance testing during product development
• Bachelor's degree in Digital Media, Communications, Computer Science or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 4 years of experience overseeing digital operations, focusing on content QC
• Minimum 3 years of project management experience with methodologies such as Agile, Scrum and collaboration products such as JIRA and Confluence
• Experience researching and consulting on MVPD, OTT, and SVOD publishing procedures, administration protocols, and industry trends
• Experience leading and managing teams and scheduling operational coverage
• Working knowledge of metadata specifications as well as aggregation service providers like Gracenote and TiVo
• Working knowledge of metadata related programming/markup languages and syntaxes including, but not limited to: XML, JSON
• Working knowledge of OVP services such as Anvato, thePlatform, Brightcove, and Kaltura
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Willingness to work long hours and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Media and entertainment industry experience preferred
• Excellent and effective communication and collaboration skills
• Spanish language proficiency
• Organized and detail-oriented with ability to manage own work as well as track the activities of others
• Executive presence with the capability to succinctly and effectively communicate technical details to key stakeholders
• Ability to prioritize and concurrently handle multiple, time sensitive requests within a high-pressure environment
• Familiarity with media asset management and workflow systems
• Familiarity with data insights and metrics tracking tools such as Domo, Adobe SiteCatalyst, and Google Analytics
• Proficient with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud
• Creative problem solver with a willingness to try new things when all else fails
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.