Manager, Video Distribution
Location: Universal City, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
NBC Entertainment Digital is a fast paced, innovative marketing and technology group that builds award-winning digital products. What makes us unique from the rest of the burgeoning technology world is that we get to work with high profile, recognized content on multi-platforms and have the backing of a world leading Media Company. If you want to work on the future of television alongside amazingly talented colleagues, then this is the place for you.
NBC Digital is looking for a highly organized operations professional to help manage the fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving video publishing environment supporting our growing portfolio of programs. As the Manager, Video Distribution, you’ll be on the front-line of our media syndication and delivery efforts; collaborating with cross divisional teams to fulfill a high volume of incoming content requests against mission critical daily editorial and promotional deadlines for nbc.com and the NBC app - home to some of the best entertainment from America’s #1 Network.
The ideal candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of video publishing supply chains and the complex, interwoven workflows that sustain them. Your commitment to operational excellence combined with entertainment industry experience and a passion for the convergence of traditional television and emerging technologies will set you apart from the rest.
Validate provisioning of digital assets and related metadata into video publishing ecosystem for distribution to various platforms including NBC, Bravo, E!, Oxygen, Syfy, Telemundo, and USA AppsIdentify, prioritize and fulfill mission critical daily deliverables with cross functional teams and partnersSupport and maintain weekly content QC schedule, ensuring availability timings for multiple NBCU brandsCollaborate with internal teams to audit, troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely manner including outagesSupport editorial, metadata and marketing teams’ initiatives regarding show pages, promotional stunts, tracking docs and content availabilityLead operational on-boarding efforts with new partnersOrganize and maintain project workflow documentation
• Bachelor’s degree or accredited program certification or equivalent work experience in digital media
• Minimum 4 years of experience with digital video encoding formats, publishing workflows and troubleshooting techniques
• Minimum 3 years of experience with content management systems (CMS) trafficking high volume, time sensitive media assets for multi-platform syndication
• Experience with archival data system cataloguing, indexing and restoration
• Working knowledge of OVP services such as Anvato, thePlatform, Brightcove, and Kaltura
• Working knowledge of project management services and ticketing systems including, but not limited to, Jira, Confluence, Zendesk and Smartsheet
• General understanding of data transfer protocols, workflows and methods. Aspera, Signiant, etc.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Willingness to work long hours and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Media and entertainment industry experience preferred
• Project Management certification (PMP, PMI, etc.)
• Proficient with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud
• Proactive solutions advocate with ability to prioritize multiple time sensitive requests in a high-pressure environment
• Highly organized with strong attention to detail
• Strong understanding of traditional TV in comparison to emerging OTT services
• Spanish language proficiency
• Experience distilling technical terminology into basic requirements & concepts
• Creative problem solver with a willingness to try new things when all else fails
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.