The Director of Sales reports directly to the NBC Sports Northwest SVP & General Manager and oversees the NBCSNW sales team and revenue generation covering region’s Top 25 DMAs, Portland and Seattle, in addition to spearheading national sales collaborations with teams in Top 3 DMAs (Los Angeles, Chicago, NY).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:Work with senior management in NY on creating a sales and marketing strategy for taking our multi-platform network ad revenue to the next level and communicate strategy to sales group.Provide strategic input to setting and maintaining sales targets and new business development opportunities for the Local & National Sales teams.Drive expected revenue performance as well new ideas and "outside the box" revenue streams from new technology and growing sponsorship revenue.Develop business models to monetize these revenue streams.Oversee sales department of ~4 employees.Ensure employees work and sell with integrity and uphold NBCSNW sales standards. Clearly communicate expectations of performance and establish and maintain a professional and motivated staff through NBCSN’s performance management process.Work cooperatively and in partnership with the other network departments and networks such as News, Marketing/Creative Services, and Digital groups to ensure growth in revenue and increased profitability across all network platforms. Deliver presentations to Senior Management and assist Sales team with growing/maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing major deals.Oversees the planning and execution of sales meetings, client events, community and goodwill events and network representation at trade association meetings.Ensure consistent network image throughout commercials, promotional materials, and events.Recruit, hire, and retain top performing sales talent to build future pipeline.Basic Qualifications
- Minimum 10 years prior experience in a broadcast, professional team sales, digital sales or marketing role is required
- Minimum 5 years experience managing a sales team, including experience in strategic planning and direct responsibility for growing revenue in the sports/media sales industry
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Willingness to travel, at times work outside of normal business hours, and potentially on weekends with short notice
- Proficient MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Superior project management skills are necessary
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Portland, OR
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, organizational and planning skills
- Must possess a driving “win every day” attitude with a proven track record of sales/marketing achievements
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.