Are you interested in Public Relations? Join our talent pipeline of candidates for future opportunities on our Communications team and apply here!
As a Public Relations Coordinator, you are a highly organized individual who can manage multiple and constantly shifting priorities. In this role, you will work closely with the senior members of the Media Relations and Corporate Communications teams to provide administrative support and collaborate with colleagues across the organization.
You may be asked to work a flexible schedule, including a Wednesday – Sunday shift.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Track all press coverage (sourcing links and hard copies where needed)
- Some interaction with external media outlets, including pitching, distributing news highlights, attending industry events and booking radio interviews
- Maintain network press materials, including bios, media lists, etc.
- Interact with professional associates and all levels of management both internally and externally
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 1-2 year(s) relevant work experience- At least two prior internship roles in the media relations/public relations field preferred
- A Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, or a related field
- Strong interest in media, politics, news and current events
- Professional demeanor and top-notch administrative skills
- Must be able to meet deadlines, be results-oriented, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent research skills and organizational skills
- Must be reliable, trustworthy, and able to handle high levels of confidentiality
- Strong writing skills, and experience editing press releases, announcements and similar materials