Deputy Director of Marketing
- Full Time
DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF MARKETING
The United Federation of Teachers, an 185,000-member union of New York City public school educators and other professionals, seeks a deputy director of marketing who will aid in the success and management of the union’s marketing campaigns including, but not limited to, email and mobile. Reporting to the director of Member Communications, the deputy director will serve as a leader of the digital communications team and direct the union’s digital marketing program. This position is a senior-level representative ultimately responsible for the success of our campaigns to market union events, professional learning opportunities, support services and programs as we demonstrate the value of union membership at every turn.
- Assess the current marketing program to plot current level of sophistication with relevant recommendations to improve and then track success over time.
- Lead strategic digital marketing initiatives by first identifying strategic objectives and goals and then translating those into actionable, measured campaigns and journeys and draft business requirements for new projects as a key stakeholder in the solution.
- Consult and advise at key inflection points in the implementation of new marketing campaigns and journeys on the Salesforce Marketing Cloud platform to ensure the solution end state is as the deputy director envisioned.
- Draft briefs for campaigns combining email, mobile and social media to provide direction to the graphic and digital communications teams for content and key messaging.
- Lead union staff through journey mapping workshops to develop long-term plans and identify gaps in member experiences.
- Develop and deliver biannual plans focused around cross-channel marketing campaigns to achieve marketing objectives.
- Analyze campaigns, subscriber data and other reporting (such as Google Analytics) to generate quarterly reports that identify profiling opportunities, segmentation, key insights, trends and recommendations.
- Review campaign metrics in Marketing Cloud to determine campaign success and opportunities for improvement.
- Work in conjunction with the analytics lead to report on the progress of marketing initiatives
- Develop and present recommendations to improve member experience through relevant cross-channel and personalization strategies.
- Be well-versed in Marketing Cloud functionality, features and capabilities to ensure recommendations are in line with — and take advantage of — the platform’s capabilities.
- Serve as an advisor for email deliverability.
- Keep abreast of email and mobile marketing best practices and industry trends.
- Meet quality assurance standards when overseeing creative and campaign execution to ensure accuracy and satisfaction.
- 7-10 years of digital marketing experience, with heavy emphasis on email marketing. Experience should include campaign ideation, subscriber data flow, strategy and deliverability.
- At least one year of experience using Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adeptly multi-task several projects at one time under tight deadlines
- Excellent logical reasoning and analytical skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Strong work ethic
- Desire to build technologically advanced marketing programs
- A related college degree or equivalent is required
A background in eCRM, data analytics, and business intelligence is strongly preferred but not required. Applicants with in-depth experience using the Salesforce Marketing Cloud platform will be given special consideration. Experience with mobile marketing campaigns preferred but not required. Some experience as a manager preferred.
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits. Equal opportunity employer.
Send your resume and cover letter to Member Communications Director Deidre McFadyen at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.