Sr. Manager, SEO
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Develop and execute overall SEO Strategy for our streaming business with end-to-end ownership of optimization and SEO content.Lead keyword research, maintaining database of relevant keywords, with up-to-date search volumes and competitive metrics Optimize on page SEO; landing page ideation and gap analysis to maximize authority of priority keywords, and take advantage of whitespace opportunities; metadata optimizationImplement schema markup across sitemap, developing workflow and requirements for prioritization and execution across pagesOversee backlink strategy, ensuring maximum portfolio coverage, and identifying paid placement requirements; rectify unlinked mentionsEvaluate site crawlability, recommending opportunities for site map enhancements; providing ongoing maintenance and updates for robots.txtCollaborate with cross-functional business partners (Marketing, Site-Merchandising, Buying, Production, Engineering, UX, and Product) to implement SEO best practices, and leverage cross-functional insights in planning and program developmentConduct competitive research, benchmarking current strategy and efficacy against industry peers; monitor greater marketplace for emerging trendsEvaluate business impact through development of KPI reports. Keep management apprised of results and upcoming optimization efforts or mitigation strategiesEvangelize SEO within the organization and facilitate SEO training sessions to improve cross-functional SEO knowledge and alignmentManage 3rd party and SEO agency relationships
Introducing Peacock, NBCUniversal’s new streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies, exclusive originals, kids programming and current hits, with timely news, sports and pop culture. All together. All in one app.
In preparation for our launch in 2020, we are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.Sr. Manager, SEO, Peacock NBCUniversal is looking for a seasoned SEO expert to join its direct-to-consumer digital video streaming business. This role will work on the Growth Marketing team, reporting to the Growth Product Director and focus on growing the organic reach of our business on both an overall and content-focused basis.
The successful candidate will leverage sharp analytical skills in driving enterprise-level SEO projects. This person will be proficient in SEO best practices (both on-site and off) as well as being a creative thinker who can strategize for long term SEO growth. The candidate will relish diving deep into SEO-relevant data, building cases for prioritizing projects to grow natural search in terms of traffic, customer engagement, and sales.
• 5+ years experience leading Search Engine Optimization strategy
• Passionate and knowledgeable about best practices and latest innovations in technical and on page SEO
• Expertise in keyword research and analysis, utilizing tools like Google Search Console, Ahrefs, Moz Pro, SEMrush etc.
• Deep understanding of SEO techniques and technologies such as canonicalization, web indexing, crawl budget, domain/page authority, Rankbrain, mobile SEO, local SEO, content expansion and semantic SEO
• Solid understanding of how SEO techniques affect conversion rates and paid search rankings like Ad Quality Score
• Excellent organization and communication/facilitation skills, attention to detail, and the ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex concepts for a variety of audiences
• Strong leadership skills with the proven ability to coordinate and influence team members from multiple internal departments and external vendors
• Ability to effectively present ideas and communicate with senior leadership
• Strong character exhibiting company core values: Integrity, Creativity, Teamwork, Pioneering Spirit, and Ownership
• Bachelor's degree required
• Adaptable performer who can lead effectively under pressure and through significant change
• Ability to synthesize and simplify complex concepts/requirements to the team and stakeholders and tie back to business objectives.
• Culture carrier with strong leadership skills to drive, deliver, develop and inspire
• Results-oriented with initiative to work until job is complete
• Experience within media entertainment industry a plus
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.