Director, Short Form Video: Peacock, Direct-to-Consumer
Location: Universal City, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Lead the bi-coastal Short Form video team responsible for servicing and supporting the Direct to Consumer on demand video fulfillment supply chainEstablish media acquisition protocols; partnering with show post teams, TV Distribution, and other content providers on agreed milestones, deliverables, and accountabilityCollaborate with program ops managers, network ops specialists and various support teams to develop content prep standards and video encoding requirements; driving efficiencies and readiness to both upstream and downstream publishing workflowsInstitute publishing guidelines and protocols for on demand video; working with technology, product, and quality assurance teams to continuously improve delivery timelines to approved distribution outlets under strict deadlines and SLAsOptimize and improve consistency of delivery and publishing cadences; implementing changes as needed while adhering to syndication guidelines, compliance mandates, and marketing/promotional obligationsAudit content availability and entitlement windowing processes; proactively addressing all anomalies with licensing teams prior to content syndicationCreate, maintain and revise process maps, user stories, workflows, and standard operating procedures as neededCollaborate with digital ad sales operations and technology teams to service and support revenue-driven requirements, processes, and campaigns
Introducing Peacock, NBCUniversal’s new streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies, exclusive originals, kids programming and current hits, with timely news, sports and pop culture. All together. All in one app.
In preparation for our launch in 2020, we are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.
NBCUniversal is hiring a Director of Short Form Video to join a dynamic new team responsible for the Direct to Consumer business. We are looking for a highly organized, extremely focused, and results oriented candidate skilled at navigating the fast-paced and constantly evolving sea of delivery requirements the streaming video service industry requires.
You and your team of video publishing experts will be responsible for supporting our growing portfolio of programs. To accomplish this, you'll maintain a best-in-class video content supply chain ensuring thousands of on demand short form assets are successfully acquired, provisioned and published to our subscribers on a 24/7 basis.
Spearheading cross functional collaboration efforts, you'll establish the guidelines to successfully prioritize incoming content requests against mission critical promotional and editorial requirements. This commitment to precise program availability will set the bar for overall content delivery and will play an instrumental role in our success within the competitive, rapidly evolving digital marketplace.
• Bachelor's degree in Digital Media, Communications, Computer Science or equivalent discipline
• Minimum 10 years of experience with digital video file formats, encoding specifications, publishing workflows, governmental compliance standards and troubleshooting techniques
• Minimum 7 years of experience with content management systems trafficking high volume, time sensitive media assets for multi-platform syndication
• Minimum 7 years of experience with non-linear editing systems and Adobe creative suite
• Minimum 5 years of leadership experience managing operational teams
• Minimum 5 years of experience with data transfer protocols, workflows and methods; Aspera, Signiant, etc.
• Minimum 3 years of experience with OVP services such as Anvato, thePlatform, Brightcove, and Kaltura
• Working knowledge of project management methodologies and systems such as Agile, Scrum or Jira, Trello, Asana, Smartsheet
• Expertise with consumer apps on traditional platforms and digital products
• Familiarity with MAM and DAM systems
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, extended hours or holidays as needed
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Ability to work in Universal City, Los Angeles, California
• Television entertainment industry experience preferred
• Excellent and effective communication & collaboration skills
• Expertise distilling highly technical terminology into basic requirements & concepts
• Proactive problem solver with the ability to prioritize and concurrently handle multiple, time sensitive requests within a high-pressure environment
• Strategic knowledge & familiarity with social media platforms and services such as Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, and Instagram
• Experience working with Drupal open source CMS
• Understanding of traditional TV in comparison to emerging OTT services
• Familiarity with data insights and metrics tracking tools Domo, Adobe, and Google Analytics
• Project Management certification (PMP, PMI, etc.)
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.