Director, Editorial Creative: Peacock, Direct-to-Consumer
Location: Universal City, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Meet Peacock, NBCUniversal’s new, wildly entertaining streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies with timely news, sports and pop-culture.
We’re growing our team of smart, hungry, and upbeat doers who crave the chance to build something new at the epicenter of content, tech, and culture. We need fearless leaders and pop-culture fiends who work hard and fan hard. Creative problem-solvers who just so happen to be the reigning champs at Parks & Rec trivia night. So if this sounds like you, join our flock. And we promise, we won’t put your stapler in Jell-O.
NBCUniversal is hiring a Director, Editorial Creative to lead a driven team responsible for creating the copy and artwork that appear on our service. We are seeking an independent minded and highly competitive candidate who is adept at swiftly handling change in a constantly evolving industry.
We need a solutions minded critical thinker to lead our Editorial Creative team. This position requires a mastery of metadata best practices; effectively negotiating editorial solutions with both internal and external partners for the timely delivery and accurate representation of our content. This includes thumbnails, episodic descriptions, video titles, captions, tags and genre classifications. This also includes variations of the above, as well as variations of key art imagery that we will use for testing as well as for presenting to different segments of our audience. This team will be tasked with systematically creating many variations of each asset for a variety of end products, tests and cohorts, while keeping them organized, complete and readily available to other teams.
This unique position requires you to be a key brand ambassador for the service; collaborating with studios, marketers, publicists, designers, product developers, operations specialists, data scientists, technologists and show creatives on daily copywriting requirements while refining and enforcing our critical metadata guidelines and specifications. These standards drive not only our internal respective editorial obligations, but also power our show listings in other TV landscapes.
The successful candidate and their talented team of writers and designers will be tasked with supporting our crucial metadata supply chain and providing guidance to key stakeholders on best practices for optimization, normalization and discoverability. They will be looked to as the subject matter experts for our television series and movies; researching and refining metadata and SEO requirements for these shows per current strategic specs. They will also own and update the metadata specifications for all content, and will partner with data scientists on the enhanced metadata roadmap.
• 5+ years editorial copyediting and proofreading experience
• 1+ years leading and/or managing projects on digital platforms
• Minimum 1 year working within content management system (CMS) platforms
• Experience with SEO best practices and techniques
• Proactive leader with the ability to prioritize and concurrently handle multiple, time sensitive requests in a high pressure environment
• The ability to manage a mid-size team and work closely with a variety of other teams
• Demonstrable ability to manage an ever-changing content pipeline 7 days a week
• Working knowledge of MVPD, OTT, and SVOD publishing procedures, administration protocols, and industry trends
• Excellent writing and presentation skills and must be willing to complete copywriting test
• Ability to write in a wide variety of styles, within variations of branding, tone, and technical guidelines.
• Great design style, experience managing designers or photo editors
• Fluency with SEO best practices and techniques
• Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, extended hours or holidays as needed
• A passion for television and movies
• Ability to work at Universal Studios, Los Angeles, California
• Experience with metadata aggregation service specifications for Gracenote and TiVo preferred
• Bilingual in Spanish a plus
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.