Manager, Video Editorial: Peacock, Direct-to-Consumer
Location: Universal City, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Lead 24/7 support for the Direct to Consumer on demand video fulfillment supply chainDrive media acquisition protocols; partnering with show post teams, TV Distribution, and other content providers on agreed milestones, deliverables, and accountabilityCollaborate with program ops managers, network ops specialists and various support teams to develop content prep standards and video encoding requirements; driving efficiencies and readiness to both upstream and downstream publishing workflowsService publishing guidelines and protocols for on demand video; working with technology, product, and quality assurance teams to continuously improve delivery timelines to approved distribution outlets under strict deadlines and SLAsSupport consistency of delivery and publishing cadences; implementing changes as needed while adhering to syndication guidelines, compliance mandates, and marketing/promotional obligationsAudit content availability and entitlement windowing processes; proactively addressing all anomalies with licensing teams prior to content syndicationCreate, maintain and revise process maps, user stories, workflows, and standard operating procedures as needed
Introducing Peacock, NBCUniversal’s new streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies, exclusive originals, kids programming and current hits, with timely news, sports and pop culture. All together. All in one app.
In preparation for our launch in 2020, we are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.
The digital delivery of television can be complex and confusing to some end customers. This position is designed to help those customers quickly and successfully enjoy our products and services.
NBCUniversal is hiring a Manager of Video Editorial to join a dynamic new team responsible for the Direct to Consumer business. We're looking for a process-minded candidate with an eye for detail and the creative problem-solving skills to take on any video publishing challenge they're faced with.
You'll be responsible for servicing our growing portfolio of programs; managing the flow of assets through the mission critical video supply chain to ensure thousands of on demand long form full episodes and short form highlights are successfully acquired, provisioned and published to our subscribers on a 24/7 basis.
Leveraging guidelines established by the Video Editorial team, your goal is to successfully prioritize incoming content requests against mission critical promotional and editorial requirements. Your commitment to precise program availability will set the bar for overall content delivery and will play an instrumental role in our success within the competitive, rapidly evolving digital marketplace.
• Bachelor's degree in Digital Media, Communications, Computer Science or equivalent discipline
• Minimum 3 years of experience with digital video file formats, encoding specifications, and streaming technologies
• Minimum 3 years of experience managing digital video publishing workflows and troubleshooting techniques
• Minimum 2 years of experience with content management systems trafficking high volume, time sensitive media assets for multi-platform syndication
• Minimum 2 years of experience with non-linear editing systems and Adobe creative suite
• Minimum 1 years of experience with data transfer protocols, workflows and methods; Aspera, Signiant, etc.
• Minimum 1 years of experience with OVP services such as Anvato, thePlatform, Brightcove, and Kaltura
• Working knowledge of ad serving platforms such as Freewheel, DFP, etc. as well as DAI
• Working knowledge of project management methodologies and systems such as Agile, Scrum or Jira, Trello, Asana, Smartsheet
• Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, extended hours or holidays as needed
• Ability to work at Universal Studios, Los Angeles, California
• Television entertainment industry experience preferred
• Excellent and effective communication & collaboration skills
• Expertise distilling highly technical terminology into basic requirements & concepts
• Proactive problem solver with the ability to prioritize and concurrently handle multiple, time sensitive requests within a high-pressure environment
• Strategic knowledge & familiarity with social media platforms and services such as Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, and Instagram
• Experience working with Drupal open source CMS
• Understanding of traditional TV in comparison to emerging OTT services
• Familiarity with data insights and metrics tracking tools Domo, Adobe SiteCatalyst, and Google Analytics
• Project Management certification (PMP, PMI, etc.)
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.