Sr. Manager, Content QA: Peacock, Direct-to-Consumer
Location: Universal City, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Lead Content QA team responsible for enforcement of quality assurance guidelines and control protocols; working with technology, product, and customer service teams to analyze, regulate, and continuously improve user-facing experiences on all platforms and programming environments Service and support on demand video supply chain; partnering with copywriters, video editorial specialists, creative leads, and support teams to proactively address all content delivery demands and concerns Collaborate with Content Operations team to ensure all project timelines, milestones, and deliverables are met or exceeded Assist with video metadata specification research, development, and consolidation; advocating for consistency of brand voice and initiating changes as needed while adhering to product guidelines, character limits, and asset formatting parameters Manage and maintain video metadata acquisition and syndication standards to approved distribution outlets under strict deadlines and SLAs Create, maintain and revise process maps, user stories, workflows, and standard operating procedures as needed to help drive efficiencies and readiness for both upstream and downstream publishing workflows Provide subject matter expertise; focused on promoting metadata awareness by evangelizing the benefits improved standards have on helping to address KPIs
Introducing Peacock, NBCUniversal’s new streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies, exclusive originals, kids programming and current hits, with timely news, sports and pop culture. All together. All in one app.
In preparation for our launch in 2020, we are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.
The digital delivery of television can be complex and confusing to some end customers. This position is designed to help those customers quickly and successfully enjoy our products and services.
NBCUniversal is hiring a Sr. Manager of Content Quality Assurance to join a dynamic new team responsible for the Direct to Consumer business. We're looking for an operations-focused, process improvement expert with an eye for detail and a passion to problem solve complex scenarios into smarter, scalable solutions.
You’ll be responsible for enforcing quality assurance guidelines and control standards for all on demand video, copy, and artwork assets in our growing digital library. You and your team of QA specialists will ensure each video record published through our content management pipeline has the full complement of engaging imagery and descriptive metadata to help consumers connect with our shows.
This position requires you to be a master of metadata supply chain economics; effectively negotiating and collaborating across teams for timely availability and accurate representation of content to the end user. You’ll serve as a key subject matter expert in all areas associated with content QA, metadata display and governance. Your diligence in driving operational efficiencies will play an instrumental role in advancing our position within the competitive, rapidly evolving digital marketplace.
• Bachelor's degree in Digital Media, Communications, Computer Science or equivalent discipline
• Minimum 7 years of experience managing asset schema, taxonomy, ontology, program hierarchy, programing types, genres, and data/program classifications
• Minimum 5 years of experience overseeing digital content QA and QC governance
• Minimum 5 years of technical experience with database management and API data delivery specifications & workflows
• Minimum 3 years of experience researching and consulting on publishing procedures, administration protocols, and industry trends
• Minimum 3 years of project management experience with methodologies such as Agile, Scrum and collaboration products such as JIRA, Lighthouse and Confluence
• Minimum 1 years of leadership experience managing operational teams
• Experience with consumer apps on traditional platforms and digital products
• Experience with digital artwork deliverables including, but not limited to photography, key art, and logo treatments as well as their related file formats (e.g. RAW, PNG, JPG, EPS)
• Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
• Working knowledge of OVP services such as Anvato, thePlatform, Brightcove, and Kaltura
• Practical experience with SEO algorithms, processes, and techniques
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, extended hours or holidays as needed
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Ability to work in Universal City, Los Angeles County, California
• Television entertainment industry experience preferred
• Excellent and effective communication & collaboration skills
• Expertise distilling highly technical terminology into basic requirements & concepts
• Proactive problem solver with the ability to prioritize and concurrently handle multiple, time sensitive requests within a high-pressure environment
• Strategic knowledge & familiarity with social media platforms and services such as Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, and Instagram
• Experience working with Drupal open source CMS
• Experience using Aspera, Signiant, and other enterprise-grade file transfer services/agents
• Experience with search engine optimization techniques, methodologies and best practices
• Familiarity with data insights and metrics tracking tools Domo, Adobe SiteCatalyst, and Google Analytics
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.