Design Manager, Editorial: Peacock, Direct-to-Consumer
Location: Universal City, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Introducing Peacock, NBCUniversal’s new streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies, exclusive originals, kids programming and current hits, with timely news, sports and pop culture. All together. All in one app.
In preparation for our launch in 2020, we are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.
NBCUniversal is hiring a Design Manager, Editorial to join a driven team responsible for creating the imagery that appears on our service. We are seeking an independent minded and highly competitive candidate who is adept at swiftly handling change in a constantly evolving industry. We need a solutions minded critical thinker to join our Editorial Creative team. This position requires a mastery of image metadata best practices; effectively negotiating solutions for both internal and external partners for the timely delivery and accurate representation of our content. This includes episodic imagery & series/movie level images. This also includes variations of the above for presenting to different segments of our audience. This team will be tasked with systematically creating many variations of each asset for a variety of end products, tests and cohorts, while keeping them organized, complete and readily available to other teams. This unique position requires the applying of data and metrics to media artwork; collaborating with studios, marketers, publicists, designers, product developers, operations specialists, data scientists, technologists and show creatives on daily image requirements while refining and enforcing our critical metadata guidelines and specifications. These standards drive not only our internal respective editorial obligations, but also power our show listings in other TV landscapes. The successful candidate will work with a talented team of writers and designers, tasked with supporting our crucial metadata supply chain and providing guidance to key stakeholders on best practices for optimization, normalization and discoverability. They will be looked to as the subject matter experts for our television series and movies; researching and refining metadata and SEO requirements for these shows per current strategic specs. They will also own and update the metadata specifications for all content, and will partner with data scientists on the enhanced metadata roadmap.
• 3+ years entertainment design experience
• 1+ years leading and/or managing projects on digital platforms
• Minimum 1 year working within content management system (CMS) platforms
• Experience with metadata aggregation service specifications for Gracenote and TiVo preferred
• The ability to prioritize and concurrently handle multiple, time sensitive requests in a high pressure environment
• Demonstrable ability to manage an ever-changing content pipeline 7 days a week
• Working knowledge of MVPD, OTT, and SVOD publishing procedures, administration protocols, and industry trends
• Excellent skills using standard design tools like Photoshop & Illustrator.
• Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, extended hours or holidays as needed
• A passion for television and movies
• Ability to work at Universal Studios, Los Angeles, California
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.