TV News Director/VP
- Full Time
General Description: Oversee and manage television news department and staff to ensure the accurate, timely delivery of news. Plan news broadcasts by determining and scheduling all of the content that goes live. Oversee quality control, monitor stories for accuracy and ensure that broadcasting rules and regulations are followed.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the daily operations of the television news operations
- Strong understanding of Newsmax brand and talent
- Ability to integrate with website and digital platforms
- Budgeting and hiring news producers, bookers, and talent
- Strong relationship building skills with talent, news and production teams
- Identify breaking news stories and develop creative coverage angles
- Create and organize domestic and foreign bureaus
- Work closely with show executive producers and hosts for news integration
- Ability to create feature segments
- Ensure adherence to journalistic and legal standards
- Ability to problem solve
- Continuous monitoring of news developments and network coverage
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong organizational skills required and the ability to work under heavy deadline pressure.
- Leadership and team building skills
- 5+ years of news director experience, national experience preferred
- Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and on deadline
- Attention to detail is must.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Proactive and solutions focused.
- Professional appearance.
Apply for TV News Director/VP
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly