Specialist, EE & Business Communications
- Full Time
At Cox, we’re empowered to build a better future for the next generation. We are constantly looking for ways to bring out the best in everyone, do the right thing and make a little music along the way.
The Corporate Communications team within Corporate Affairs is looking for a dynamic Specialist, Employee and Business Communications to support large-scale internal communications programs. You will connect the dots across wide-reaching programs, managing projects that drive team effectiveness and operations and help improve the employee experience. We lead by example and this role will be no different.
You will provide internal communications hands-on execution support to departments and their leaders while learning the ropes on developing larger employee communications strategies.
You will leverage a broad range of internal communications and project management skills to educate and excite our employees regarding large changes and action driven campaigns. These include project management and flawless operational and tactical execution.
Is this a fast-paced environment? Yes. Is this a role for a person who enjoys working with people? Absolutely. This position will partner with our creative, content and PR teams as well as communications teams across Cox’s businesses and locations around the world. This position reports to the Sr. Manager, Corporate Communications.Primary Responsibilities:
- Support the execution of communication strategies that inform employees and inspires them to change behavior.
- Provide project management support for enterprisewide communication plans including managing approval process and distribution lists, follow-up on outstanding items and drafting and editing key messages.
- Partner with the Content and Channels, Executive, PR and Creative teams to ensure content is developed and manage timelines as needed, including videos, presentations, branding, articles, key messages and toolkits.
- Managing and regularly updating integrated strategic communications calendar and online calendar systems.
- Scheduling and manage bi-weekly cross divisional comms calls including agenda and call follow-up notes.
- Manage logistics for all-employee events, promotional road shows and campus events.
- Draft communication plans in support the business and meet the needs of the company.
- Build and maintain internal relationships within Corporate Communications and Corporate Affairs team, division communicators and stakeholders across CEI.
- Pull communications tactics and develop toolkits to share with partners and division communicators.
- Draft well-written creative briefs to initiate and manage projects with in-house creative.
- Continuously measure the effectiveness of internal communications strategies and introduce best-practices and new tactics as necessary.
- At least 4+ years of professional experience in an internal communications role or project management, preferably in a Cox company or with a holding/parent company.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline such as journalism, communications, English or marketing.
- Possess knowledge and understanding of communication campaign development and execution.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to collaborate effectively with multiple teams.
- Ability to work on multiple, simultaneous communications programs that require both critical thinking as well as high-speed tactical execution.
- Excellent written and verbal skills and project management skills required.
- Ability to execute with speed, high level of accuracy and efficiency, attention to detail, and follow-through.
- Creative problem-solver; implements sound judgment knowing when to make independent decisions and when to collaborate.
About Cox Enterprises
Cox Enterprises is a leading communications, media and automotive services company. The company's major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications (cable television distribution, high-speed Internet access, telephone, home security and automation, commercial telecommunications and advertising solutions); Cox Automotive (automotive-related auctions, financial services, media and software solutions); and Cox Media Group (television and radio stations, digital media, newspapers and advertising sales rep firms).
The company's major national brands include Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book and Manheim. Through Cox Automotive, the company's international operations stretch across Asia, Australia, Europe and Latin America. To learn more about Cox's commitment to people, sustainability and our communities, please visit www.CoxCSRReport.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.