Junior Visual Designer/Production Coordinator
- Full Time
NCARB’s Marketing & Communications (M&C) team has an exciting opportunity for a junior visual designer/production coordinator. The ideal candidate will be an organized, detailed oriented, team player who is passionate and committed to learning and growing. The job requires an understanding of layout, type, color, and pre-press. The junior visual designer/production coordinator must have strong production skill sets, as well as comfort and ability to design from scratch.
The National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB) is a nonprofit organization made up of the architectural licensing boards of 55 states and territories. While each jurisdiction is responsible for regulating the practice of architecture within its borders, NCARB develops and administers national programs for licensure candidates and architects to ensure they have the mobility to go wherever their career takes them. Learn more at www.ncarb.org.
About the Team
Our team primarily helps share NCARB’s message about the path to earning an architecture license. We’re also responsible for managing the day-to-day development and delivery of NCARB’s strategic marketing and communications initiatives, which include strategic positioning, outreach preparation, media relations, engagement with stakeholders and allied organizations, materials design, marketing, and branding. Using various mediums—including print, digital, social media, and video—M&C ensures that NCARB’s brand is consistently, accurately, and effectively represented to our wide range of stakeholders..
About the Position
As junior visual designer/production coordinator, you would report to the assistant vice president, marketing & communications in a highly collaborative role as part of a dynamic team that works across the Council and with a wide range of stakeholders. You would work closely with the team and help ensure that all production work aligns with the holistic design direction and is consistently implemented.
As part of your duties, you will:
- Schedule and focus on the logistics of production activities
- Work with vendors
- Track expenses and inventories
- Ensure quality and standards are met
- Develop and maintain various production libraries and archive files
- Research images for various needs
- Develop images as needed
At a minimum, you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Communications, or related field preferred; or, combination of substantial related experience, training, and education may substitute
- One or more years of similar experience in production and design with demonstrated knowledge
- Collaborative communication style with the ability to speak and write very well and build strong relationships
- High level of flexibility, creativity, and innovation
- Superior customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact with wide-range of professionals
- Detail oriented and able to manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Acrobat and Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Outlook, Excel, and Power Point
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Photography skills preferred
- Knowledge of how to implement multi-channel, integrated communication campaigns is preferred
- Some minimal travel including weekends may occasionally be required
NCARB's employees enjoy a comprehensive set of benefits that include strong support for health and wellness, some nice perks, and professional development. We also offer a great work environment that is thoughtful and collaborative. It is filled with lots of light and awesome colleagues who believe in our mission and embrace our values of being open, responsive, and restless.
Some highlights include:
- Competitive pay
- Medical, vision, and dental Benefits
- Paid parental leave
- Life and disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- All-staff outings and retreats
If you feel qualified and this sounds exciting to you, please go ahead and apply. We would love to hear from you.
NCARB is an EEO employer committed to recruiting a diverse workforce.