PMC: Sales Manager, Programmatic
- Full Time
PMC: Sales Manager, Programmatic
The Programmatic Sales Manager plays a crucial role in expanding the programmatic digital business of the Direct and Portfolio Sales team by growing revenue with existing clients, as well as identifying new advertising prospects. Additionally, the Programmatic Sales Manager works with internal departments as a partner in developing simplified advertising solutions to convert traditional media budgets into programmatic revenue. This role reports to the Director, Programmatic Sales and is based in our New York office.
- Manage and develop relationships with agencies, trading desks, DSP’s, and advertisers who control programmatic budgets nationally.
- Provide high level of customer service to clients with effective communication, timely responses to requests, and proactive resolutions to potential issues.
- Execute new and maintain existing Private Marketplace and Programmatic Guaranteed deals as well as selling Data, by way of PMC’s Network’s SSP partners.
- Work closely with the direct sales team to capture programmatic revenue that has traditionally come from IO’s.
- Evangelize PMC’s programmatic strategy both internally and externally through topline offerings and best practices, while being an expert on trends across the ad tech eco-system.
- Utilize and study buyer network trends in the open exchange to convert that revenue into PMP/PG deals.
- Use effective communication with sales teams to understand and anticipate customer needs and ensure that advertising solutions meet those needs while setting internal and external expectations.
- Meet and exceed quarterly programmatic revenue goals.
- Extensive experience with online media sales and ad-tech
- Programmatic expertise and knowledge of the holistic ad industry
- Strong rolodex of agency contacts, with influence over programmatic budgets
- Ability to work well with others both internally and externally
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, while paying close attention to detail
- Well versed in digital media and industry trends
- Self-starter who will go the extra mile to help the team achieve programmatic goals
- Must be a team player and key strategist
- 5+ years working experience in digital sales, ideally with at least 2+ year focus on programmatic (DSP, DMP, Publisher, Network)
- Ability to think on your feet, and work in a fast-paced environment
- Goal oriented
- Strong understanding of programmatic/ad-tech landscape including DSP’s, ATD’s, SSP’s, DMP’s
- College education, BS/BA degree
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today’s fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.