Director of Production
- Full Time
Big Think is the leading source of expert-driven, actionable, educational content. With thousands of videos featuring experts ranging from Bill Clinton to Bill Nye, we help our subscribers get smarter, faster. Our experts are either disruptors or leaders in their respective fields. Through our website (bigthink.com), enterprise/B2B and consumer/B2C products (bigthinkedge.com), and social media properties, we aim to help learners explore the big ideas and core skills that define knowledge in the 21st century.
We’re looking for a Director of Production to serve as our lead video content creator and strategist. This person must be a positive team player who is willing to go above and beyond to advance Big Think’s mission and to mentor a growing team of video production professionals.
· Develop a video content strategy that advances Big Think’s mission, creating compelling content across bigthink.com and social media properties to achieve brand and business objectives
· Work closely with the .com editorial staff and President to generate new content strategies and ideas
· Serve as our in-house subject matter expert for video best practices on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and other social media platforms; adjust video strategies accordingly
· Establish baseline KPIs to measure the impact of video content strategy, providing investor- and partner-related reporting to the CEO and President to demonstrate the success of Big Think’s video initiatives
· Serve as a creative, engaged, and enthusiastic mentor to build and lead a team that adheres to a standard of excellence and achievement
Video Production Responsibilities
· Direct or oversee the production of videos, original photography, and collateral materials, ensuring they are in line with Big Think’s brand and standards
· Oversee, guide, edit, and manage the work of production and post-production staff
· Conduct or supervise post-production pipeline for high-quality daily content and sponsorships that raise Big Think’s visibility
· Coordinate video deliverables for Big Think Edge B2C/B2B content teams
· Maintain production studio and all post-production equipment; troubleshoot and upgrade as needed
· Maintain video file management systems, including storage, logging, offloading and retrieval on a limited server and backup secondary tape system
· Maintain all video-related accounts with third-party providers, including social media platforms, transcription and captioning services, video cloud servers, etc.
· Coordinate a network of freelance associates and other suppliers to support remote shoots and video-driven or recorded events, including contracting, scheduling and performance monitoring processes to achieve a high quality of output and value.
· Superb video editing and production skills, with a preference for candidates having experience or demonstrated interest in education video production
· At least 7 years of experience in a managerial capacity in a digital production environment
· Ability to enforce deadlines; Strong experience editing and managing video content producers
· Demonstrated ability to oversee multiple projects in a complex cross-disciplinary environment with quick turnaround times
· Exceptional attention to detail and ability to prioritize and multitask, while driving results
· Excellent judgment, motivation, and analytical skills; Strong listening, interviewing, and people skills
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, Master’s degree preferred
· Technical skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), Google Office Suite and Analytics, SEO; Adobe Creative Suite; 4K digital video production, able to convert media according to different video project specs
Apply for Director of Production
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly