We are looking for an experienced reporter to join FoxBusiness.com. As part of our growing digital team, you contribute to the editorial report of one of the most powerful websites in business News. You cover breaking News across a range of business-related beats including markets, economic trends, tech, health care, corporate leadership, media, entertainment, and sports.
We are looking for a Reporter with proven editorial judgment who can bolster the groundbreaking reporting of our team while driving page views to our site. You understand the FoxBusiness.com audience and can anticipate what stories will resonate. In addition to original reporting, you may also aggregate stories from a variety of sources. You are a skilled writer with strong AP Style knowledge. The ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment is a must.
As a Reporter, you collaborate with a team of digital reporters as well as Fox Business producers to create the most compelling, informative News coverage of the day. You come to the office ready to share ideas and experiment with new, engaging storytelling formats. You play a critical role in helping FoxBusiness.com continue to stand out as a must-click destination for a rapidly growing audience.
You may be offered one of the following shifts: MONDAYS THRU FRIDAYS (1:00 PM-9:00 PM), TUESDAYS THRU SATURDAYS (1:00 PM-9:00 PM), MONDAYS THRU FRIDAYS (5:00 AM-1:00 PM), FRIDAYS THRU TUESDAYS (10:00 AM-6:00 PM), SUNDAYS THRU THURSDAYS (6:00AM – 2:00PM), SUNDAYS THRU THURSDAYS (1:00PM-9:00PM), TUESDAYS THRU SATURDAYS (6:00AM – 2:00PM), TUESDAYS THRU SATURDAYS (2:00PM – 10:00PM)
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pitch/file several stories daily while writing quickly and precisely
- Monitor breaking news and track all major financial markets, compelling corporate news, business and economic trends
- Conceptualize and execute quick rewrites, and conduct interviews in person, by phone or via email
- Collaborate with Fox Business network programming producers for compelling Newsmakers/segments
- Scour national and international media for stories that resonate with FoxBusiness.com’s audience
- Aggregate stories with complete and proper attribution
- Present all stories (original, breaking and aggregated) in an accessible, consistent and compelling style
- Maintain and closely monitor web traffic
- Multitask on tight deadlines in high-pressure environment
- Prioritize assignments and meeting deadlines
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- A Bachelor’s degree and at least five years of experience covering the news
- A self-starter attitude with strong news judgment for a digital audience
- Strong SEO & media skills
- A firm grasp of current events and a desire to be precise, quick and accurate in presenting the news to the vast FoxBusiness.com audience
- Knowledge of AP style
- Willingness to work closely with editors and fellow reporters, including frequent coloration on stories
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced 24-hour news environment, some holidays required
- Proven capability to be creative and think ‘outside the box’