We are looking for a Broadcast Engineer to work with our team in the Production Engineering Shop. As a Broadcast Engineer, you help the shop support studios, control rooms, edit rooms, video control/robotics, newsrooms and plant infrastructure 24/7/365. While our facility is populated with traditional broadcast technology, the rapid advancement of IP technology is now driving our infrastructure to a SMPTE 2110 IP centric topology.
You will be offered the following shift: WEDNESDAYS THRU SATURDAYS (2:00 pm-12:00 midnight)
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in shift coverage that is centered on responding to on-air technical issues and “pick up” work from previous shifts
- Take shared ownership of infrastructure associated with our IP routing and routing control environment
- Become involved with other Broadcast Engineers and Systems Engineers in new projects including upgrades, replacement or development of new technologies as time allows
- Be available to handle small troubleshooting issues at remote locations (talent home studios, other News bureau needs, etc.)
- Voluntary participation in small and/or large field remote productions
- Flexibility required to cover a consecutive shift or to volunteer for vacation relief and/or other needs as situations arise
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Minimum of 5 years' broadcast troubleshooting in a television network environment, preferably in a network News environment
- Experience with A/V routing, studio and control room technologies inc (cameras, LED displays, lenses, mics, IFB, PL, icm), editing, intercom, graphics, automation, robotics and audio
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or demonstrated equivalent education
- Knowledge of existing SMPTE television standards with a developing knowledge of the new 2110 standard as it becomes ubiquitous in our field
- Experience with all broadcast and IP troubleshooting/analysis tools as well as AutoCAD, Excel and Word
- Advanced expertise and experience in network IT infrastructures including routers & switches (Arista, Cisco), Firewalls and VPNs.
- A firm understanding of TCP/IP, routing, access control, security, firewalls and network traffic analysis.
- Familiarity with design and configuration of ACLs, VLANS, Port Security, Traffic Policing, IP Multicast
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills (this is a “teamwork” style environment)
- Ability to lift heavy objects on an occasional basis and use lifts, ladders, etc.