The Manager, Product Development is responsible for creating and maintaining product documentation for the NBC Sports digital properties and delivering innovative solutions across all platforms.
<ul><li>Elicit and gather product requirements for documentation and planning
<li>Create documentation including PRDs and wireframes for new products
<li>Understand the competitive landscape, and prepare competitive analysis and research
<li>Partner with external agencies to develop new products concepts and designs
<li>Prototype product features across multiple platforms
<li>Manage existing products and features sets ensuring User engagement and business value
<li>Work with technology teams to create functional / tech requirements
<li>Drive the design and review of test cases, process change requests and manage project scope, acceptance, installation and deployment.
<li>Work closely with sales team to deliver on advertising requirements for sponsors
Additional Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Minimum five (5) years of web or mobile product development and project management experience
- Strong knowledge of web development technologies
- Proficiency in MS Project / Power Point / Excel / Visio / Jira
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- A creative and an innovative individual who is able to incorporate best practices and develop new concepts
- Excellent thought leadership, strategic, analytical and forward-planning skills
- Highly collaborative team player with talent for influencing large, cross-functional teams
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Experience with various product types, including: web sites and mobile development and design
- Ability to self-start, self-manage, and meet deadlines
- Ability to partner with other departments (Business Development, Sales, Technical) to complete projects on time
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
NBC Sports Digital:
A division of the NBC Sports Group, Emmy Award-winning NBC Sports Digital offers sports fans 24/7 news coverage, extensive live-event streaming, and complementary coverage of many of the properties within NBC Sports Group’s unparalleled collection of media rights across web, mobile and connected devices. The division’s live streaming portfolio includes some of the most-watched and most-trafficked events of all time, including Sunday Night Football on a weekly basis, Stanley Cup Playoffs, and the Olympic Games.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.