Media Operations Technician I
- Full Time
This position is responsible for media preparation, fulfillment verification processing, schedule loading, issue recognition and communication for the advertising sales back office. This position will work closely with other back office departments, sales support teams, vendors, and partners to ensure the highest levels of Media fulfillment occur. Reports to the Operations Supervisor.
1. Responsible for proper playback of locally inserted commercials, including the monitoring and adjusting of video and audio levels to ensure highest quality of playback.
2. Assist with live event monitoring
3. Responsible for coordinating/supporting issue communications.
4. Document all hardware and software problems and follow up with user/technical support vendors on software/hardware problems
5. Responsible for proper encode/ingest of local advertisements for long form or short form digital Insertion system.
6. Performs regular maintenance and/or necessary repairs to the encode suite.
7. Monitors all networks that air local advertising for audio and video quality.
8. Communicate all equipment failures and technical errors.
9. Responsible for troubleshooting operations workflow issues through system knowledge and vendor engagement
10. Perform related work as required.
1. HS diploma, GED or relevant work experience;
2. 1+ years of experience preferred in related field (linear advertising technology operations, technical support).
3. Requires strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
4. Excellent interpersonal, customer service and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
5. Strong attention to detail and general understanding of television Media is preferred
1. AS/AA or Technical Certification in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Engineering, Computer Science, etc.).
2. Experience in telecommunications industry desired.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.