- Full Time
The Photo Producer oversees the visual needs of the company on assigned projects which may include: HBO & Cinemax Original Series, Sports, Comedy, and Music Specials. Position supports the Program Advertising, Publicity, Digital media platforms (HBO.com, HBO GO, HBO NOW) and Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram), Licensing, Retail and International departments for Unit and Gallery Photography. Position reports to Senior Photo Producer, who will lend guidance, mentorship and support.
Unit Photography: Photo Producer oversees the hiring and scheduling of unit photographers on HBO & Cinemax Original Series and special events. Unit coverage responsibilities include working with Senior producer to select photographer, working with programmers and show runners, reading scripts/one line schedules, determining days of coverage, putting forward a budget prior to shooting and gaining all appropriate planning and sign-off. Photo Producer edits photography keeping in mind the diverse requirements of the company while staying current with editing shows as they are being delivered. Must exhibit a thorough understanding of visual needs across all platforms including: Marketing, Digital, Social Media, Media Relations/publicity, International, HBO.com, HBO Go, HBO NOW, and merchandising/Home Entertainment. The Producer interfaces with talent and publicists on the photo approval process and post-production/retouching to ensure the visual needs of the company are exceeded with quality imagery. Photo Producers will handle the metadata and tagging for all their shows that go into HBO-s digital asset management system. Photo Producer will work closely across Legal, Media Relations, Business Affairs and Marketing to ensure access to digital imagery.
Gallery Photography: On select shows, partner with Program Advertising Department and advertising agencies on the execution of key art, Gallery, teaser campaigns, character campaigns, and trade ads. Photo Producer is the primary contact with show runners on the production of all Gallery and advertising shoots to include such details as: scheduling talent, negotiating rates/hiring crew, securing locations, and casting. Producer is also accountable for tracking and maintaining the production budget. Candidate must be well organized and multi-task.
Across Unit and Gallery photography, Photo Producer will partner closely with Senior Producer and Director on shows, schedules and workflows to achieve success.
- Minimum 5-7 years on set shoot production experience (Domestic and International).
- Minimum 5-7 years photo editing experience.
- Strong Organizational experience, with the ability to project manage multiple shows, project phases and resources simultaneously.
- Candidate has innate ability to handle 6-8 shows per year
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Strong knowledge of unit and gallery photographers
- Working knowledge of online photo editing platforms such as DF Studio.
- Ability to work with digital asset management and collaboration tools and processes
- Liaison with Legal on contracts for photographers, (Unit and Gallery) inclusive of all term negotiations and deal points
- Work with Marketing and Legal on signature of deal memos for Agencies
- Have ability to interpret talent obligations for photo approvals and/or work with Senior producer/Director to gain experience.
- Knowledge of digital photography and metadata.
- Proficient with Local 600 Union rules and guidelines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word/Excel
- Photoshop and Photo Mechanic a plus