- Full Time
Cheddar is a live Post-Cable Network covering the headline and business news that is transforming our lives. Cheddar’s team is growing, products are diversifying, and infrastructure is becoming more complex- at a very fast pace. We’re looking for an experienced media operations professional to oversee a diverse portfolio of projects that helps our team work together to execute their objectives amidst this rapid change.
In June 2019, Cheddar was acquired by Altice USA, which grew Cheddar’s news family to include News12 and i24 as well as introduce a new portfolio of ad products. While our culture remains start-up in feel, the opportunity for success is now even greater.
Cheddar is looking for a financial reporter to support its daily market coverage and provide analysis of what stock moves mean for Millennial viewers.
The successful candidate will be comfortable working in a high-paced environment, reporting on what the stock market is doing and why. The candidate will be passionate about financial markets and stocks that matter to younger audiences, and have a proven record of reporting for television and digital audiences.
• Helping to lead Cheddar’s coverage of the financial markets on a daily basis.
• Writing market hits before, during, and after the U.S. trading day.
• Identifying market trends and interesting daily stock movements.
• Producing daily feature packages that help viewers understand the markets and the biggest news items of the day.
• Perform anchor assignments for all news programs
• Work with producers, managers, and photographers on news packages
• Contribute story ideas for series pieces and lead stories for daily news programs.
• Research and write scripts for news content. Select video and coordinate the editing for material that appears on-air
• Communicate with news producers, assignment editors, and managers regarding story development, progress in the field and/or breaking news stories
• At least 3 years of experience as a financial reporter.
• Detailed knowledge of the financial markets, including but not limited to stocks, bonds, currencies, and options.
• Experience writing for television including LIVE, on-demand, voiceover, and other production.
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.