- Full Time
Cheddar is a live Post-Cable Network covering the headline and business news that is transforming our lives. Cheddar’s team is growing, products are diversifying, and infrastructure is becoming more complex- at a very fast pace. We’re looking for an experienced media operations professional to oversee a diverse portfolio of projects that helps our team work together to execute their objectives amidst this rapid change.
In June 2019, Cheddar was acquired by Altice USA, which grew Cheddar’s news family to include News12 and i24 as well as introduce a new portfolio of ad products. While our culture remains start-up in feel, the opportunity for success is now even greater.
We work in a fast-paced news environment, and need resourceful and experienced news producers with a solid journalism background.
• Write news scripts for a live newscast, including Breaking News
• Generate original story ideas/pitches
• Produce guest interview segments on news, trending, sports, or entertainment stories
• Build show graphics and elements in rundown, including Banners/Chyrons
• Coordinate with Executive Producer to make sound editorial decisions -- with a keen eye on technology, culture & media
• MUST have a minimum 2 years of Associate Producer- or Producer-level experience with a local or national newscast
• Strong editorial judgment with a focus on news, politics, and entertainment
• Ability to perform under strict deadlines
• Excellent research and news-writing skills
• Strong grammar, copy editing and communication skills, with the ability to write clear and concise copy
• Familiarity with Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and other social media
• Ability to work in a high-stress newsroom environment and still manage to have a sense of humor
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.