Design Intern - Saatchi Art
Saatchi Art is the world’s leading online art gallery, established with the goal of helping people all over the world connect with art and artists they love. We offer an unparalleled selection of paintings, drawings, sculpture, and photography in a wide range of prices, and provide artists worldwide with an expertly curated environment in which to exhibit and sell their work. Based in Los Angeles, Saatchi Art is redefining the experience of buying and selling art, making it welcoming and accessible for artists and collectors alike.
We are looking for a Design Intern to join our creative team in our Santa Monica office and work across a range of projects and mediums, from print design, digital asset creation, web-based ads, emails, video and UX/UI design.
You’ll Report To: Sr. Director, Creative
A typical day as a Design Intern might include:
- Designing experiences that are simple, elegant, and intuitive
- Participating in design team brainstorms & ideations
- Interacting effectively with the Marketing Managers, Product Managers, UX/UI Designers to learn about the product and marketing life cycle
- Giving and getting feedback from other designers to consistently raise our quality bar
You’ll be successful if you are a creative, detail-oriented, and problem-solving designer. Show us your best.
What You Have:
- A strong visual design portfolio with a range of digital, print, branding, UX/UI and marketing examples is a must (please make sure to share a link to your portfolio)
- Mastery of skills with the common tools of the trade (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketch, InVision, After Effects, and Pen and Paper)
- Illustration/Drawing and Video Editing experience is a huge plus
- Crazy, innovative ideas
- The ability to make informed choices and to clearly articulate your design decisions
- Understanding of design patterns and best practices (including mobile-first design)
- Organization and collaboration
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no task being too small or too large
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
- A sense of humor!
Who We Are:
We create experiences that celebrate the best of art, design, and technology. We want smart, curious people committed to putting people first, having fun while they work, a commitment to high quality service to make things better and a desire for constant growth. We work in a fun, hard-working collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
- Paid Internship
- Well+Good is the 2019 People's Voice winner of the Webby Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- eHow is the 2019 People's Voice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- Leaf Group is among Built In LA's 2019 Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably's 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles and 2017 Best Company for Diversity
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 Webby Winner for Best Design
- Cool office environment and culture (i.e., Free Lunch Fridays, and all of the other fun activities we gather for)
- Discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
- Free Parking
- Most importantly, hands-on experience within a fast-moving and fun environment
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.