Manager, Marketing & Promotions, USA & SYFY
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Oversee assigned campaigns from ideation through execution, ensuring projects remain on-strategy, on time and on budgetCollaborate with multiple internal teams (production/legal/creative/publicity/social media) in executing all aspects of the campaigns, including development and delivery of all campaign assetsLead communication and relationships with external vendors and agencies, providing creative feedback and managing internal approvals Assist in the development of campaign documents including creative briefs, campaign one sheets, presentation decks and campaign recap decksReview and proof all final assets before deliveredManage project budgets and invoicing
Role PurposeThe Manager, Marketing & Promotions will support a creative, fun and highly motivated marketing team in concepting and executing all consumer promotional campaigns for all USA and SYFY series and brand initiatives. This includes, but is not limited to press-generating experiential activations, strategic partnerships, consumer and industry screenings, as well as brand presence at all tentpole events, such as San Diego Comic-Con, SXSW, Film & TV festivals, etc. The ideal candidate will be a hyper-organized and detail oriented, self-starter, innate problem solver, thrive in a fast-paced environment and have a passion for entertainment and pop culture.
Essential ResponsibilitiesWork as part of the Marketing & Promotions team in setting promotional strategy and developing campaigns concepts in support of original programming and brand initiatives for both USA and SYFY.
• Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently and keep pace in a quickly moving and ever-changing environment
• Ability to engage, motivate and collaborate with cross functional teams
• Ability to think and write critically, and initiate creative solutions
• Proactive; driving projects forward independently
• Thinks 360 and not afraid to push team members to subvert norms
• Extraordinary attention to detail
• Strong work ethic, with a dedication to excellence
• Sophisticated knowledge of PowerPoint and excel
• Strong creative instincts
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 3+ years of TV/entertainment marketing and/or event planning experience
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Willingness to travel and work weekends/overtime with short notice
• Willingness to work in New York
• Unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• 18 years or older
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.