NBCUniversal is looking for passionate, results-oriented and motivated self-starter to support innovation in our new AdSmart team. AdSmart is the collection of all of NBCU’s data-driven, advertising products, including ATP, Addressable, OTT and digital channel advertising products. This position will focus on OTT within the AdSmart Programmatic team, and will be responsible for programmatic strategy and technical implementation across all OTT products. This person will liaise cross-functionally with sales, marketing, data and product teams to ensure success of programmatic monetization. The candidate must have a technical background, including the ability to understand nuances of player technology, ad server workflow and creative verification, and the full programmatic product funnel.
Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
Lead programmatic efforts across NBCUniversal OTT products; Ensure that programmatic always has a seat at the table, and that the appropriate technical setups are in place to ensure successful targeting, frequency management and monetization. Technical deep dives into various products to ensure compatibility for programmatic, and accurately roadmap for areas of growth while owning the technical initiatives to get there.Collaborate with data & product teams to ensure data is integrated and available for programmatic activation.Create and manage relationships with internal and external partners ensuring success of programmatic activation on OTT.Collaborate with research, sales, operations and IT to create use cases that can be activated via programmatic on OTT. Become internal suject matter expert on Programmatic OTT and provide subject matter guidance to larger team and Ad Sales organization as needed.Keep abreast of the rapidly-evolving technologies and trends in the TV and digital realms and build a thorough understanding of the OTT media and advertising ecosystem and its key players.Work with partners to refine integrations and establish standards for transaction.
• BA/BS degree required, preferably in a quantitative field of study
• 6+ years experience working in streaming and/or digital television
• Strong technical background and ability to apply a programmatic lens to complex technologies
• Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills - collaborative spirit is key!
• Self-starter with the capacity to deliver on multiple deliverables, contribute new ideas, meet tight deadlines, navigate ambiguity, and be decisive under pressure
• Ability to rapidly grasp new technology and product changes, and comfort with complex subjects
• Experience working with clients, product, and engineering teams
• Ability to breakdown complex concepts to non-technical stakeholders
• Familiarity with traditional TV measurement (Nielsen)
• Ability to take ownership of open-ended problems and drive them to completion
• Customer service orientation (internal and external customers)
• Highly self-motivated and entrepreneurial spirit; intellectually curious
• Experience collaborating across Sales, Product, Marketing, Engineering, and other internal teams.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Familiarity with advertising operations and how ads are delivered and measured cross-channel
• Familiarity with player technologies, DAI, and SSAI
• Solid understanding of the advertising landscape in terms of how data is leveraged and linked within and across platforms for both targeting and measurement purposes
• Troubleshooting experience and strong analytical skills
• Strong understanding of RTB, DSP, DMP, and ad serving technologies
• Experience understanding both digital advertising and TV advertising buying & selling strongly preferred
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.