The NBC Sports Boston Marketing team is looking for a motivated, team-orientated Associate Manager, Marketing whose role it will be to ensure that we are maximizing promotional opportunities across our various platforms as strategically as possible. Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager, the position will also help augment the entire company’s digital and social efforts with the goals of bringing new fans in, increasing awareness and consumption of our content, and deepening their loyalty and engagement across platforms, teams and content. This position will regularly interact with internal and external resources to drive, support, and execute successful marketing campaigns for all consumer touchpoints for NBC Sports Boston.
Overall:Based on priorities, and working with Senior Marketing Manager, proactively identify needed assets, contribute to creative briefs and work with creative and content teams to see them through to completionAssist in managing NBC Sports Boston promotional inventory across network platformsEnsure promotional scheduling and messaging reflects wider multi-platform and/or corporate prioritiesProvide consistent and tactical messaging where needed to producers and talentSupport Sr. Marketing Manager in development and execution of marketing plans for external stakeholders (trade partners, team partners, etc.) Social/Digital:Work closely with Senior Manger to Implement infrastructure to enable paid media capabilities across social media, search and retargetingAssist in Planning, executing and analyzing social/digital media campaigns to boost content consumption and app downloads, both planned and impromptu, to support organizational priorities
Create audience segments and fine tune as neededReport regularly on results, improving and honing plans and work closely with Digital/Social team and other Regional Sports Networks (RSNs) to share learnings and best practices
Work with digital and social teams to implement coordinated strategies; retargeting from site and app and execute buys to maximize this opportunity to increase traffic and consumption to digital content and appMaintain awareness of new or developing trends and best practices in multiplatform marketing across linear, mobile, social and digital platforms. Remain proficient in all new technology, tools and trends to consistently enhance execution of all multiplatform marketing efforts
Other:Work with Marketing team to execute strategies for three main marketing priorities: Fan engagement; App promotion; and Data Collection initiativesWork with Marketing Coordinator to manage the marketing internship programProvide social media marketing coverage at on site events as neededBasic Qualifications
- BA degree
- Minimum 3+ years of professional multi-platform marketing experience
- Willingness to work occasional evenings or weekends as needed for team and sponsorship events
- Ability to travel as required
- High proficiency in Social Media platforms
- Detail oriented and excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a passion for sports
- Ability and desire to understand bigger picture, and how various parts can work together to support larger goals
- Knowledge of our network, as well as Boston sports in general
- Ability to meet prioritize, meet deadlines and work as part of a team, while also being able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills to a range of audiences and knowledge levels
- Demonstrated ability to establish and implement efficient and effective work processes
- Possess great organizational skills and an excellent track record for following through on projects and creating new opportunities
- Iterative learner who can apply learnings to future projects seamlessly
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Needham, MA
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Experience in Social Tracking software
- Demonstrated ability to grow a social media following and/or raise levels of engagement on social platforms
- Strong skills in graphic creation (Photoshop)
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.