Relational Fundraising & Events Assistant (Contractor)
- Full Time
Relational Fundraising & Events Assistant
Team: Station Services
Status: Full-time, Contractor, temporary through May 2020
Note: The individual selected for this role will not be employed directly by PBS. The incumbent will be hired by a staffing firm as a contractor under the instruction of PBS.
The Relational Fundraising & Events Assistant serves an integral role on the Station Services team, serving a facilitative and logistical liaison between teams at PBS, stations, and outside stakeholders. S/he contributes to the successful planning and execution of 2 projects; the conclusion of the National Estate Planning Awareness Campaign (NEPAC) and the 2020 PBS Insider Experience at PBS Annual Meeting.
Essential duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate logistics for internal and external stakeholders on the planning and production of annual event
- Collect and organize data and metrics from stations participating in the National Estate Planning Awareness Campaign (NEPAC)
- Provide administrative and logistic support to the Corporate Relations team, including:
- Receiving and screening telephone calls; answering routine and specific questions; taking accurate messages;
- Preparing charts, slides and other presentation materials as needed;
- Drafting event documents including, but not limited to: agendas, marketing materials and stakeholder communications.
- On the ground support at the event (May 10-14, 2020): Travel required.
Requirements for success:
- 3 or more years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Event planning training and/or experience preferred
- Strong computer skills including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel and strong typing skills required
- Experience working with Tableau a plus
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent written, verbal, telephone and interpersonal skills
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and handle a heavy and often changing workload independently
- Ability to identify multiple strategies to tackling problems
- Ability to work productively under pressure to meet deadlines
- Team oriented and flexible
- Familiarity with planning logistics for travel and conferences
- Excellent customer service skills
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities