Art Media: Designer
- Full Time
Art Media: Designer
Art Media, the parent to ARTnews and Art in America, is adding to staff with a Designer who will generate visual storytelling ideas and create and design compelling high-impact editorial pages for all sections of the magazine. The Designer will also design assets for ARTnews.com and ArtinAmerica.com and social networks and ensure they meet brand guidelines.
We are seeking a strong contributor with 2-5 years' experience in magazine print/digital design who will stay ahead of the curve on design and web trends and best practices.
Duties will include:
- Partner with Design Director, Photo Editor and Editors on story development and visual concepts
- Manage page production, pagination and prepare final pages for shipping and ensure layouts meet design and print standards
- Develop, design and build web-only features using CMS tools like Sketch
- Translate print content to website as needed
- Contribute to the development and strong visual identity of AMH online properties and channels
- Strong attention to detail and love of type
- Strong concept ideation in a creative environment and advancing the brand in a competitive space
- A sophisticated visual sense
- Digital design experience with knowledge of UX/UI
- In-depth knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch and InVision
- Excellent communication skills and experience talking through editorial ideas in a lively, collaborative environment
- Experience sourcing conceptual illustrations
- Strong organizational skills managing priorities and workflow
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently under pressure handling multiple projects and maintain a calm attitude
About Art Media Holdings:
Founded in 1902, ARTnews, is the oldest art magazine in the world and the world’s leading authority in art journalism. ARTnews reports on the art, personalities, issues, trends and events shaping the international art world. Art in America, founded in 1913, has provided groundbreaking critical insight into contemporary art and culture for many generations. The magazine offers authoritative coverage of the most important developments occurring in art in the United States and around the world. Art Media’s parent company, Penske Media Corporation (PMC), is a leading digital media, publishing, and information Services Company founded in 2003.
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today’s fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.