Sourcing Journal: Designer
- Full Time
Sourcing Journal: Designer
Sourcing Journal is looking for a graphic designer to join our New York team. In this fast-paced and multifaceted environment, the designer will create compelling designs across Sourcing Journal’s diverse print and digital media, including Rivet magazine, SJ Summit events, webinars, reports, newsletters and microsites. Must possess a high level of design sophistication, from concept through execution, and a strong eye for photography and superb typography skills.
The ideal candidate will cultivate a strong understanding of our unique brand aesthetic and communicate that sensibility through conceptual layouts, infographics, imagery and typography for both editorial and marketing creative needs. This collaborative role involves working closely in a two-person design team with the full creative support of a large media company.
- Design a variety of deliverables, including reports, magazines, promotional campaigns, sales materials and event collateral
- Prepare final editorial pages, event signage and marketing collateral for print production
- Generate visual content for native advertising executions, conceptual mocks, email blasts, digital advertising units, engaging sharable social content, and branded content
- Work with the SJ’s team to manage the work-flow of designated projects
- Maintain a good source of creative resources and inspiration
- Related BA/BS degree and 2+ years related work experience
- Thorough knowledge of conceptual design—both for the digital and print market, including the production processes and procedures
- Expert use of Adobe Creative Suite; PP and AE knowledge a plus
- Knowledge of UX best practices, html/CSS, and prototype software [Sketch, Xd, etc…]
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to set and manage multiple concurrent projects and meet their deadlines
- A desire to collaborate and work in a team environment and within flexible work parameters
- Excellent communication abilities
About Sourcing Journal Media:
Sourcing Journal Media, LLC is the largest, most comprehensive and authoritative B2B resource for executives working in the apparel, textile and footwear industries. We produce publications and events under the Sourcing Journal and Rivet brands, empowering industry leaders with essential news, expert commentary and in-depth analysis to navigate every aspect of their business.
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today’s fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.