Sourcing Journal: Events Director
- Full Time
Sourcing Journal: Events Director
Sourcing Journal Media is looking for an events director to join our New York team to help cover the biggest growth division for the business. The person in this role will be responsible for organizing and producing signature events for Sourcing Journal and Rivet, our denim vertical. This position will work to develop the overall event experience, production budgets and handle logistics from start to finish for each event.
The ideal candidate will possess a passion for excellence and innovation is a must, as is a proven ability to combine vision, creativity and savvy event marketing expertise. Conference or tradeshow experience is a plus. This collaborative role involves working closely with the Editorial Director on content, strategizing and planning.
- Set, communicate and maintain timelines and priorities on event programs
- Research and secure venues and scout internationally for new vendor procurement
- Create and implement all look and feel, branding and event strategy and partner with Editorial Director to coordinate all event elements
- Determine agencies and suppliers of record, and negotiate contract terms and conditions for major services for both domestic and international events
- Liaise with PR, sponsor and attendee teams to handle invitation correspondence, press integration, seating and follow up
- Strategize with sales team to leverage sponsorship assets, create earned media opportunities, and meet business and brand objectives
- Provide post event analysis, internal and client feedback and incorporate learning into future event plans
- Consistently research new venues, event trends and event vendors; build upon arsenal of valuable event vendors and contacts as resources
- 4-5 years relevant experience, preferably including familiarity working on B2B conferences/tradeshows
- Expertise in project management; proven ability to propel projects from start to finish
- Superior organization, negotiation, writing and communication skills, as well as the ability to manage resources and budgets effectively and creatively
- Drive for transformational, class leading and programming excellence
- Flexible, self-motivated individual with an appetite to work in an entrepreneurial environment
- Knowledge of KPIs and marketing techniques for event management
- Bachelor’s in PR, Marketing, Hospitality management or related field preferred
- Willingness to travel
About Sourcing Journal Media:
Sourcing Journal Media, LLC is the largest, most comprehensive and authoritative B2B resource for executives working in the apparel, textile and footwear industries. We produce publications and events under the Sourcing Journal and Rivet brands, empowering industry leaders with essential news, expert commentary and in-depth analysis to navigate every aspect of their business.
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today’s fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.