HollywoodLife: Evening Senior Editor
- Full Time
HollywoodLife: Evening Senior Editor
HollywoodLife.com, a leading digital brand within the rapidly expanding Penske Media Corporation (PMC), has an immediate opening for an Evening Senior Editor in our Los Angeles office. Reporting to the Managing Editor, the Evening Senior Editor will assist in managing day-to-day operations concerning content creation. The candidate must be ready, willing & able to editorially multi-task between writing & publishing content, posting on HollywoodLife’s social media accounts, and executing a comprehensive organic search optimization strategy. A strong news sense, stellar SEO training, and ability to jump on breaking news stories is imperative.
The ideal candidate for this role will be detail-oriented, self-motivated, and able to handle him/herself professionally in all scenarios that can occur in a fast-paced setting – always with professionalism and innovation. Our ideal candidate is the sort to thrive on a challenge and he/she knows how to juggle priorities and think and act fast. Working knowledge in WordPress is a huge plus, as well as a familiarity with social media analytics and Microsoft Excel to perform weekly and monthly reports. We’re looking to fill this role immediately, so if you’re ready to build your career by joining a sharp, fun and progressive online media company, please read on.
- Covering news between 12pm-9pm PST, Mon-Fri
- Ensure the standards of excellence are met in editing
- Write minimum of 12-18 stories per week
- Posting to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Tumblr, Snapchat daily
- Monitor social media trends; primarily on Facebook and Twitter
- Develop and continually refine HL’s SEO strategy to increase traffic to the website
- Send alerts to editorial staff on rising stories
- Work flexible hours, which will include working weekends and holidays to help maintain 24/7 news coverage
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field
- Minimum of three years of newsroom experience
- Digital/social media literacy and technology skill sets are mandatory
- Strong SEO experience, with a proven track record of working on impressive SEO results
- Excellent news judgment and ability to ensure high editorial and research standards under tight deadlines
- Strong editing and writing skills to produce impactful, authentic content
- Demonstrated ability to lead the newsroom
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, manage multiple priorities, organize time effectively, complete assignments on time and follow-up with strong attention to detail
Led by Bonnie Fuller, Hollywood Life captures and celebrates the essence of the celebrity Hollywood lifestyle, news, beauty, style, culture, and entertainment. Stars entertain, but they also inspire and profoundly influence what women see, hear, do, buy, and share. Women identify with celebrities — their trials, triumphs, relationships, and romances, obsessions, and diversions. Stars are role models. Hollywood Life plays a starring role in their daily lives. Hollywood Life doesn’t just report the scoop; Hollywood Life relates it to women’s personal lives, allowing real women to connect through the lens of celebrity. Visit www.hollywoodlife.com to learn more.
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today’s fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.