Art Media: Editor for Art Market Monitor
- Full Time
Art Media: Editor for Art Market Monitor
Art Market Monitor is the only website devoted exclusively to providing news and commentary about the international market for important art works and cultural artifacts. Through our website, free and subscription newsletters, and AMMpro subscription service, Art Market Monitor posts on market trends, analyzes sales results and evaluates the public and private markets for art around the world. Alongside ARTnews and Art in America, Art Market Monitor is central element of Art Media. Art Media’s parent company, Penske Media Corporation (PMC), is a leading digital media company, publishing, and information Services Company founded in 2003.
AMM’s Editor needs to have a passion for the art market and be able to identify and tell stories about the art on offer in galleries, at art fairs and at auction. You’ll edit the work of noted industry experts and reporters covering the inner workings of the art market. You’ll write for the website and for our paid subscription posts and newsletters.
The job requires an ability to work with data. This editor needs to be able to work equally with data from auctions and art fairs as well reporting on art works being offered by galleries and auction houses. You’ll be able to tap your analytical skills to tell stories and describe how artists’ markets function through charts.
You’ll have top-notch analytical skills anchored by strong journalism, reporting, writing, researching and editing skills. In this position, the successful candidate will be able to identify industry trends that can be then developed into various forms of content to include charts, articles, Instagram posts and Podcasts. A background in the art market is equally as valuable here as experience in journalism.
This position reports to the Editorial Director.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Lead art market coverage for ARTnews.com and Art Market Monitor
- Edit AMMdaily newsletter
- Maintaining proprietary database of auction data
- Gathering data and images to implement AMM Fantasy Collecting Game as well as managing the game
- Researching, reporting, writing and editing content across platforms to include online and print media
- Working with the proprietary art market data and events to identity various industry trends for the purpose of creating special reports, newsletters, Podcasts and videos
- Developing and cultivating sources in these industries, and reporting on their activities in the market
- Conducting one-on-one interviews with industry executives and experts
- Attending business conferences, special events, forums, summits, news conferences and other events to report on activities and develop industry sources
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience or strong interest in the art market either as a specialist or reporting on art market trends
- High level of comfort using Airtable, Tableau and Excel for data analysis
- Ability to “connect the dots” and spot market trends
- Ability to apply analytical and strategic thinking to develop robust content
- Strong ability to identify, build and cultivate industry sources
- Excellent listening, presentation, and written and verbal communication skills
- Effective time management skills; ability to prioritize, delegate and meet deadlines
- Ability to contribute as a leader in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, team-based environment
- BA degree required
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today’s fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.