- Full Time
The upcoming CBS All Access daily animated variety series TOONING OUT THE NEWS seeks four (4) researchers, preferably with journalism, network/cable news, or late night backgrounds. The series is NYC-based. Researchers must be local.
TOONING OUT THE NEWS is a variety series featuring a cast of animated characters mocking real-world events the same day that they happen, and even interviewing real-world guests and newsmakers.
The research team will include footage, print, and guest researchers. Applicants will be tasked with identifying hypocrisy, illogical arguments, and magical thinking deployed by newsmakers on both sides of the aisle.
The research team will start in January 2020 and end in late August, but could extend longer.
- Strong understanding and passion for news/politics
- Ability to prioritize and work under tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and written skills
- 2+ years of relevant experience in journalism, network/cable news, or late night
- Applicants must be NY-based
To be considered, please submit the following three (3) documents only to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 16th, 10AM ET:
1. SIGNED SUBMISSION AGREEMENT - LINK TO AGREEMENT (must be signed for submission to be considered): https://drive.google.com/file/d/13pQicyTvmAFvSwNrgkMwg924n1srfhra/view?usp=sharing
2. RESUME -- Please include journalism, network/cable news, late night background.
3. RESEARCH SUBMISSION -- Instructions and link to submission below. Please submit as a .pdf attachment. Do *not* include your name or any other identifying information on your submission. Submissions will be read ‘blind’.
LINK TO SUBMISSION: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1flvYlR6byZryzPXqv1ZO5TO4sBjfRT6WneZb1ca51EM/edit?usp=sharing
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.