Social Media Coordinator
- Full Time
At Sinclair Broadcast Group, our mission is to connect people with content everywhere – and a core part of this mission involves social media. We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country and Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees.
We are looking for a skilled and highly motivated Social Media Coordinator to join our corporate social media team. The Social Media Coordinator’s primary responsibilities will be working directly with our local stations to define and enhance their social media strategy. They will be tasked with reviewing the wins and opportunities of our stations’ social media presences with an in-service approach. Ideal candidates will be able to analyze and understand social media content anecdotally, and analytically, to help stations and on-air talent enhance content decisions through collaboration. In addition, you will work with the Social Media Manager and Social Media Director in implementing all efforts for the team.
- Work directly with stations by delivering consultations, evaluations, recommendations, and trainings on social media platforms and tools – in a minimum of one monthly report and conference call with the stations the Coordinator is assigned to, or ad-hoc as needed.
- Track and reports social media analytics for stations and prepare reports for stations and other internal stakeholders as needed. This includes analyzing market competition and trends.
- Serve as a social media expert, staying on top of current social media trends to ensure our stations content efforts are cutting-edge.
- Keep updated to current news events of local and national importance.
- Represent Sinclair by conducting station visits and attending conferences as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-3 years of experience in social media for a news organization or a brand.
- Self-starter capable of working independently and exercising sound judgment.
- Comfort in managing up – talking to all levels of the organization
- Detail-oriented with strong project management, organization, and time management skills.
- A passion for teamwork and customer service.
- Ability to spot trends in social media and prepare to evolve our strategies accordingly.
- Knowledge of social media advertising campaigns and tools (i.e. Facebook Ad Manager).
- Some Analytics skills, strategic thinker with attention to detail.
- Experience with video editing a plus (i.e. Adobe Premiere, iMovie, Avid).
- 5-10% Overnight Travel
- Night and weekend work may be required depending on the breaking news cycle