- Full Time
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
Oversee the maintenance and organization of all electronic newsgathering equipment at News 12 Westchester/Hudson Valley. This includes cameras, lights, accessories, TVU and LiveU backpacks plus news vehicles. Establish standard operating procedures (SOP) to ensure a smooth newsgathering process. Troubleshoot and find solutions for technical problems. Plans coverage of special news events in coordination with news managers
• Lead with a positive attitude, good temperament and collaborative spirit.
• Oversee the maintenance and organization of video, equipment and vehicles
• (inspections, registrations).
• Develop standard operating procedures and policies.
• Manage the schedules of photographers/editors to meet coverage needs.
• This includes juggling schedules to minimize Overtime.
• Facilitate repairs in coordination with engineers.
• Shoot and edit content across all platforms (including but not limited to News 12,
• News 12.com, News 12+).
• Take an active role in news coverage planning, remotes and special events.
• Drive news vehicles and operate production equipment.
• Respond to breaking news and other urgent newsroom situations as required.
• Facilitate submission of award entries in regional and national competitions.
• Comply with Altice values, policies and procedures.
• Eight years experience in television news gathering and/or production preferred
• Outstanding photojournalism skills.
• Commitment to journalistic standards of ethics and accuracy.
• Knowledge of applicable laws related to newsgathering.
• Valid drivers license with a good driving record.
• Proficiency in news production equipment and computers.
• Flexibility to work any assigned shift.
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.