Manager, Android Software Engineering
Location: Universal City, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Lead a team of Android developers building world-class streaming video appsDeliver working features at the end of every sprintBuild performant and scalable streaming apps for Android mobile and living room platformsDesign and Implement new features for NBC Entertainment’s Android based streaming video appsTriage and fix bugs Design and Implement beautiful adaptive UIs in clean codebase and best practicesFoster the use of software design patterns for the teamContribute to the app build process and CI/CD flowParticipate in code reviews Collaborate with product and project team members to ensure timely delivery of quality releases Contribute to planning and assignment of development tasks for the teamManage submissions of the applications to the App StoreProvide feedback and coaching for software engineers
NBC Entertainment Digital is a fast paced, innovative marketing and technology group that builds award-winning digital products. What makes us unique from the rest of the burgeoning technology world is that we get to work with high profile, recognized content on multi-platforms and have the backing of a world leading Media Company. If you want to work on the future of television alongside amazingly talented colleagues, then this is the place for you.
• Proven experience as a lead developer on an Android application released to the public
• Proven experience working in Agile software methodology
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or applicable work experience
• Minimum 3 years of experience developing, releasing, and maintaining native Android apps in Java and/or Kotlin
• Experience working with video playback on Android platforms with various form factors.
• Experience in creating and developing against RESTful and SOAP web services
• Strong CS fundamentals, troubleshooting, debugging, and problem-solving skills
• Strong understanding of the Google Play store store and user interface guidelines and best practices
• Familiarity with security guidelines and secure coding practices
• Familiarity with CI/CD build and deployment practices
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain issues clearly to non-technical stakeholders
• Experience working in a collaborative team environment
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Willingness to work long hours and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.