Paralegal, Business & Legal Affairs Peacock
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
The Paralegal, Business & Legal Affairs – Peacock will provide legal support and assistance to the division’s legal counsel in relation to all aspects of content acquisition, distribution and operation of Peacock, including assisting with a wide range of issues and contract management relating to the licensing of film, television, news, sports, live events and original programming. This role will report to the division’s Counsel.
• Independently draft and review various legal form agreements and correspondence with regard to a range of contractual matters and clients.
• Conduct research and prepare and draft memorandum and summaries on various contractual and legal provisions, rights and intellectual property matters.
• Provide data entry and document assembly, management and access services across the division, assist with developing and maintaining division policies and procedures, and identify and implement improvements to forms and processes.
• Partner with NBCUniversal business executives, as well as colleagues in the Law Department, to discuss and implement best practices and act as a resource to others in the company on matters relating to the division.
• Other matters as needed at the direction of the division’s General Counsel and its Senior Vice President.
• 2+ years of experience as a paralegal in the entertainment industry, preferably with experience in business affairs and/or legal affairs department at a major studio or production company.
• An understanding of and demonstrated familiarity with the licensing and contracting practices related to the entertainment industry and intellectual property.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered and must be willing to submit transcripts.
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
• Strong academic credentials, including Bachelor’s Degree and/or Paralegal Certificate.
• Outstanding analytic, communication and organizational skills, including excellent drafting and negotiation skills and an attention to detail.
• Database and contract management experience.
• A pro-active, collaborative, team-oriented approach.
• Ability to exercise discretion with sensitive information and flexibility/adaptability to manage multiple, wide-ranging matters, conflicting deadlines, and new areas of expertise as business needs change.
• Excellent computer skills (Excel, Word, Powerpoint).
Introducing Peacock, NBCUniversal’s new direct-to-consumer streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies, exclusive originals, kids programming and current hits, with timely news, sports and pop culture. In preparation for our launch in 2020, we are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary.
Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.