Audience Development Analyst, SEO
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Daily research of trending news topicsParticipate in regular editorial meetings and collaborate with editorsWrite meta tags, titles and descriptions for web pagesAnalyze data and form insights about audience behavior and site metricsSupport process for rapid response to search and social trends, including identifying them quickly and communicating them to editorial teamsMonitor and track progress of organic search keywords and pagesPeriodically conduct technical SEO audits to ensure crawlability.Use search tools such as Google Keyword Planner, Search Console, Publisher Center, Screaming Frog and BrightedgeTrack competitive trends and competitor keywords
This position will support audience development initiatives for the NBC News Digital Group (specifically NBC News, TODAY and MSNBC). This role will collaborate with editorial, product and tech teams across the brands to ensure best practices for SEO.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher
• 2+ year(s) of proven SEO experience
• Comprehensive understanding of each element of organic search (algorithms, ranking factors, copy writing, schema mark-up)
• Proficient with Google Trends, Google Webmaster Tools, Brightedge, Microsoft Excel and Dropbox
• Proven experience implementing major improvements in organic search performance
• Self-starter who can develop and execute strategy and action plans
• Ability to coordinate with cross-functional teams and thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as, analytical skills
• Strong organization, project management and time management skills as well as the ability to multitask
• Team player with a strong work ethic and a great sense of humor
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.