Manager, Media Planning, Peacock, Direct-to-Consumer
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Meet Peacock, NBCUniversal’s new, wildly entertaining streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies with timely news, sports and pop-culture.We’re growing our team of smart, hungry, and upbeat doers who crave the chance to build something new at the epicenter of content, tech, and culture. We need fearless leaders and pop-culture fiends who work hard and fan hard. Creative problem-solvers who just so happen to be the reigning champs at Parks & Rec trivia night. So if this sounds like you, join our flock. And we promise, we won’t put your stapler in Jell-O.
Manager, Media Planning, Peacock
The Manager, Media Planning will lead the development of strategic media plans for a combination of Peacock brand/service and content/Originals campaigns and support a broad range of activities related to the management and execution of media across all channels. This position requires excellent collaboration with agency and media partners as well as multiple internal stakeholders, as you’ll be a key link to the Brand Marketing and Growth Marketing teams within Peacock to ensure media communications are planned to deliver on core business and consumer KPIs and implemented flawlessly, on time and on budget.
You’ll support the VP, Media Strategy and Planning in the effective planning of above-the-line media and manage our media agencies in such a way to ensure that our activity is fully integrated, using econometric and other media effectiveness and campaign insights to inform the strategy and plans.
Lead on-going media planning process for Peacock media campaigns and deliver media strategies to build the Peacock brand, consideration and response for our service and our content.Collaborate with the marketing teams to produce media briefs by identifying audience groups, developing market/audience/competitor insights, budget setting and defining roles of media across the entire customer journey.Manage the day-to-day media agency relationships and support strategic planning and buying across all paid media channels including television, out-of-home, radio, print, digital, social and addressable channels. Digital planning and/or activation experience strongly preferred.Partner with external agencies (as needed) and internal marketing teams, specifically creative and production teams, to execute all deliverables relative to media planStewardship of media campaigns, including management of agency partner teams, to ensure plans deliver on objectives and strategies, are executed flawlessly, and create impact in the marketplaceResponsible for overseeing media investment management – financial management control, authorizations and invoicing, and management of media budgets including monitoring and reportingExecution of integrated marketing partnerships, in collaboration with other internal functional teamsPoint of contact for internal business units and external media partnersPartner with internal and agency data and analytics teams for campaign measurement and insights for all media campaigns and brand activation initiatives, making optimizations as neededContinued evaluation and assessment of media trends and landscape as well as competitive activityCoordinate with internal and external stakeholders to author and present best practices, POVs, and strategic planning guidelines
• 5+ years of experience in media or communications planning in either a media agency or client media role within brand awareness and direct response capacities
• Expertise in developing data driven media strategies across paid media channels inclusive of television, radio, out-of-home, digital, social, search, programmatic, and addressable channels; working knowledge of emerging media channels
• Proven track record of managing large media budgets
• Detailed knowledge of the workings of all media channels, owners and agencies
• Experience collaborating with creative teams for media plans
• Strong communicator with the ability to build relationships with various stakeholders
• Detail-oriented, organized and able to manage processes and simultaneous workflows
• Curious and logical thinker with problem solving skills
• Ability to blend quantitative analysis and creative thinking to generate insights and big ideas
• Collaborative team player with a positive attitude
• Self-motivated, comfortable working autonomously when needed
• Agile, able to navigate ambiguity to effectively operate in a fast paced, constantly evolving environment
• Experience working with and managing relationships with an outside agency strongly preferred
• Entertainment and/or direct-to-consumer industry experience with demonstrated ability to develop and drive strategic marketing plans for large, complex organizations preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint)
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.