VP, Business Affairs
Location: Universal City, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Introducing Peacock, NBCUniversal’s new streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies, exclusive originals, kids programming and current hits, with timely news, sports and pop culture. All together. All in one app.
In preparation for our launch in 2020, we are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.
VP, Business Affairs, Peacock
The Vice President, Business Affairs will be primarily responsible for negotiating development and production deals on behalf of Peacock in connection with original programming services. Negotiations will include, but not be limited to, the following: writers, producers, directors, actors, underlying rights, license agreements, co-productions, digital media, etc. This individual will report to the SVP, Business Affairs.
Negotiate for Peacock on all aspects of development, licensing, and production deals for scripted programming with talent agents and attorneys (including profit participation).Handle day-to-day business affairs issues for current programming.Review budgets and other financial data associated with the development and production of such programming.Draft short-form deal memos and test option agreements, as well as review long-form agreements for accuracy of terms negotiated and coordination of payment authorizations.Interface and coordinate with the following departments: creative, production, labor, casting, legal, promotions, publicity, finance, music, distribution, marketing, business development, and digital media.
• Minimum 10 years professional experience at a major law firm or media company.
• Juris Doctorate (JD)
• Bar Admission
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
• Minimum 3 years relevant experience negotiating television development/production deals in a business affairs department at a media company and/or entertainment legal practice strongly preferred.
• Prior experience negotiating between studio and network/SVOD platforms strongly preferred.
• Working knowledge of WGA, SAG, AFTRA and DGA rules strongly preferred.
• Strong professional relationships with talent representatives and business/legal affairs executives.
• Strong and effective negotiating skills.
• Good business judgment and confidence.
• Excellent drafting and analytical skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced, deadline intensive in-house environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with a range of personalities and styles and establish productive relationships at all levels of the organization.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.