- Full Time
We are looking for a sharp Editor to help lead our latest publication covering the future of transport. We're looking for a talented journalist who wants to dig deep into the trends and storylines shaping the rail, shipping and air transportation sector. You will get a chance to own a fast-growing digital product, guide a team to cover an important sector, and use all your journalism tools, from reporting breaking news to shaping longer trend stories. You'll workshop story ideas with a team, develop sources for the publication, and work in a growing newsroom that gives you the freedom to showcase your creativity.
- A proven track record of business reporting, writing, and editing. Experience in transportation journalism strongly preferred.
- Ability to coach and guide a small team to cover news, produce email newsletters and develop longer-term features.
- Strong aptitude for interpreting and analyzing business stories related to transport.
- Ability to shape coverage and understand stories that impact the future of transportation.
- Instincts for writing headlines, reporting breaking news, and building an editorial product that resonates with a niche business audience.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or similar field.
- Experience level: 3 years at a minimum with at least 2 years of experience in business journalism.
Industry Dive is an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
If you feel comfortable doing so please feel free to note which pronouns you use in your application (for example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, ze/zir/zirs, etc.)
Industry Dive will not be able to sponsor applicants for work visas.
About Industry Dive
Industry Dive was founded in 2012 to provide business leaders with the information they need to move industries forward. Since then, we have become one of the business world's fastest-growing providers of journalism, providing news and exclusive insights to 7+ million decision-makers in 16 different markets. Our team of reporters, editors, designers, and marketers help inform and connect the most competitive industries. Our insights spark innovation, fuel growth and shape agendas in every industry we cover.
Our office is a place where you work hard on clear monthly goals, have your voice heard, and shape the future of a growing media business. Located in the heart of Washington DC, our workspace boasts a lot of perks – whiteboard walls, treadmill desks, and a dedicated quiet room.
Industry Dive was selected as a "Best Place to Work" by the Washington Post in 2017, 2018 and 2019 and by the Washington Business Journal in 2015, 2016 and 2017.