- Full Time
The Grocery Reporter will regularly report and write stories that lead our coverage of the industry, from breaking news briefs to in-depth original stories that analyze the trends impacting the grocery industry, from digital innovation to growing in-store experiences. You will monitor your beat, pitch stories, cultivate relationships with stakeholders, hunt down scoops, and sometimes edit others’ work. This position reports to the managing editor.
What can you bring to the table:
- Proven business writing, reporting and editing skills.
- Ability to interpret and analyze business concepts, industry trends, and major news stories.
- Ability to build relationships with important sources and report on complex subjects.
- Strong digital news knowledge.
- Deadline-oriented time management skills; ability to turn around stories on tight deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree or better in journalism, English or similar field.
- At least 3 years business reporting experience, with a strong preference for those who have covered the grocery and/or retail industry.
Industry Dive is an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
If you feel comfortable doing so please feel free to note which pronouns you use in your application (for example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, ze/zir/zirs, etc.)
Industry Dive will not be able to sponsor applicants for work visas.
About Industry Dive
Industry Dive was founded in 2012 to provide business leaders with the information they need to move industries forward. Since then, we have become one of the business world's fastest-growing providers of journalism, providing news and exclusive insights to 7+ million decision-makers in 16 different markets. Our team of reporters, editors, designers, and marketers help inform and connect the most competitive industries. Our insights spark innovation, fuel growth and shape agendas in every industry we cover.
Our office is a place where you work hard on clear monthly goals, have your voice heard, and shape the future of a growing media business. Located in the heart of Washington DC, our workspace boasts a lot of perks – whiteboard walls, treadmill desks, and a dedicated quiet room.
Industry Dive was selected as a "Best Place to Work" by the Washington Post in 2017, 2018 and 2019 and by the Washington Business Journal in 2015, 2016 and 2017.