- Full Time
SHoP is seeking a talented, visionary, and motivated Graphic Designer to join our Identity Team. This position serves as an integral part of our public relations and business development capabilities, working directly across the office with firm leadership, project directors, design associates, and SHoP's in-house visualization team. We are looking for someone to help produce, support, and manage the wide range of graphic materials produced in our studio, including but not limited to: project visuals, marketing materials, presentations, web assets, and internal and external publications. The ideal candidate has a great design sensibility as well as an enthusiasm about graphic design and its application throughout the setting of a dynamic, collaborative office. A specific knowledge of and passion for architecture is recommended.
NOTE: This is NOT an architectural design/visualization position.
• Fluency across graphic design modes including typographic layout, photography, and illustration for all digital, social, and print applications
• Clear and concise communication and excellent organizational skills
• Ability to prioritize and balance multiple tight deadlines while remaining adaptable
• Willing to take initiative and develop SHoP's overall visual standards
• BA or BFA in Graphic Design/Visual Communication
• 2+ years of design experience with an established enterprise or design firm
• Understanding of print and production procedures and services, including paper selection
• Extreme attention to detail
• Familiarity with developers, knowledge of programming languages.
• Experience with animation and/or web design is a plus
• As our work involves a wide range of graphic formats and modes of representation, please describe any additional skills not listed above.
To apply, please send your CV, cover letter, and a selection of your most relevant work to email@example.com include "Graphic Designer Application_NAME" as the subject). All files should be .pdf under 5MB.
Since 1996, SHoP has modeled a new way forward with our unconventional approach to design. At the heart of the firm’s method is a willingness to question accepted patterns of practice, coupled with the courage to expand, where necessary, beyond the architect’s traditional roles. This open-minded process allows us to effectively address a broad range of issues in our designs: from novel programmatic concepts, to next-generation fabrication and delivery techniques, to beautifully crafted spaces that precisely suit their functions.