Social Media Manager
- Full Time
Proletariat is seeking a Social Media Manager to create digital content for our marketing efforts and engage our vibrant community. As a member of our growing Audience team, this position will work closely with our Publishing & Development teams to drive new social media initiatives that will excite various audiences for upcoming products and games. The ideal candidate has digital marketing on the brain, experience collaborating with cross-functional teams, the creative chops to turn their ideas into effective content, and a knack for developing strong online relationships that can convert awareness into fandom.
- Manage and grow the studio’s social media profiles, elevating our presence on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Reddit, and other relevant channels.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team to create shareable written and visual content (tweets, blogs, images, video, etc.) to enhance our brand and promote our products.
- Monitor and engage in relevant social discussions about our company, products, competitors, and/or industry, both from existing leads and customers as well as from brand new audiences.
- Shepherd engaged traffic from our channels toward meaningful goal points with our products (consideration, adoption, etc.).
- Measure and report on company social media channels and specific campaigns.
- Develop relationships with engaged community members into brand advocates on various channels.
- Facilitate connections between community members on all platforms.
- Informing the team on industry trends and new strategies and tactics being employed in social media marketing.
- Other audience related tasks as necessary. This is a cross functional team and everyone contributes in their areas of competency when needed.
- At least 3-5 years of professional experience in social media communications or a related field with the ability to demonstrate prior successes and a content portfolio
- Active personal social media presence across a variety of channels
- Top-notch communication skills, including sharp copywriting
- Experience with social media content scheduling, monitoring, and engagement software (Sprout Social, Hootsuite, Buffer, etc.)
- Demonstrable proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and keen visual intelligence. You don’t need to be a professional graphic designer, but you should be able to make/edit visual content given direction.
- A passion for and understanding of the fundamentals of digital marketing
- Keen customer service and interpersonal skills. The ability to foster advocates and convert detractors is essential. You should be able to stay cool under fire.
- Experience editing or creating video content
- Experience in the game industry a plus
- Familiarity with Twitch