Media - Sales Development Manager
- Full Time
ASME (The American Society of Mechanical Engineers) is a world-renowned, member-based professional organization focused on serving the technical, educational and other programmatic needs of the engineering and technology communities on a worldwide basis. ASME generates approximately $115 million annually from the sale of products and services and provides a wide range of mission focused programs and activities.
We currently have an outstanding opportunity for a Sales Development Manager to join the Media team in our New York office.
At ASME, the Sales Development Manager will oversee the day-to-day implementation of the Media team’s consultative sales strategy, leading to growth in digital, print and related sponsorship sales. The successful candidate will be able to deploy and drive the adoption of a consultative sales approach within ASME Media, understanding what motivates customers and knowing how to tap into those needs in an effective manner.
• Driving revenue growth by building, cultivating and managing sales and engagement opportunities
• Developing a deep understanding of customer needs and market drivers to provide highly relevant marketing solutions to existing and new customers
• Creating and proposing sales and marketing strategies and new business development plans
• Developing and managing sales opportunities for key strategic accounts
• Supporting the Senior Director in the outreach and closing of existing business opportunities, related to Media group and other ASME opportunities
• Helping to develop an annual sales and revenue budget
• Achieving or exceeding annual revenue budget for assigned accounts and overall sales team
• Defining and implementing the ongoing inbound and outbound sales response and engagement strategy
• Managing the overall sales and opportunity pipeline in Salesforce, ensuring the sales organization responds promptly and appropriately to new opportunities
• Managing a group of independent sales representatives, including ongoing oversight of individual activities and development of sales pipeline
• Qualifying accounts, prioritizing selling efforts and developing a market segmented sales approach for different industry segments
• Using and managing the adoption of standardized procedures for updating and maintaining the sales database of record (Salesforce) and opportunity pipeline
The ideal candidate must a bachelor’s degree and basic aptitude of engineering, technology or science. The candidate must also have at least 7 years’ experience in sales, marketing, or business development, and at least 5 years in a management capacity. Digital and print advertising and sponsorship sales experience is essential; as is experience selling multimedia products.
In addition, the ideal candidate should have:
• Extensive knowledge of sales, marketing, and advertising sales from the perspective of association, paid or controlled circulation media
• Demonstrated business management acumen, including development of successful product sales strategies, budgeting and P&L management, salesforce management, and operations management and supervision
• Experience in digital, print and in-person audience measurement, ad-server solutions, data analysis and market/media research techniques
• Strong experience with SEO, digital analytics, and lead generation vis-à-vis customer ROI. Experience in managing a P&L and an understanding of the creative aspects associated with media sales
• Proven success using a consultative selling approach to grow revenue and open new accounts
• Experience at organizing, motivating, and leading a professional sales team
• Excellent oral and written communications
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. ASME takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.