News Staff Administrator - Temporary
- Full Time
News Staff Administrator - Temporary Assignment
We’re looking for a temporary News Staff Administrator to assist with the day-to-day tasks of The Wall Street Journal’s News finance team. This job will report to the Assistant Finance Director. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Act as a liaison between News and Accounts Payable/Treasury
- Process invoices on a daily basis
- Create purchase orders
- Ensure vendors are paid in accordance with terms of contracts
- Assists in keeping vendor accounts updated and accurate
- Set up and maintain new and existing vendors
- Troubleshoot and resolve payment issues to vendors
- Assists news finance team in maintaining files and databases (both physical and electronic)
- Serves as the go-to person for News staff inquiries and conflicts
- Other duties as assigned
- High degree of proficiency in PC/computer skills including experience with Excel
- SAP financial system experience strongly preferred
- Planning and organizational skills including effective time management
- Ability to define problems, collect data, and draw valid conclusions
- Must be able to deal with a range of ongoing tasks at the same time, and to be able to cope under pressure
- Experience in international business dealing with multiple currency transactions would be desired
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
- Highly organized and flexible
- Ability to multitask and meet changing deadlines
- Must be self-directed and able to complete projects with limited supervision.
- Maintains staff confidentiality
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: Contingent Workers
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video. Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 38 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism. The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 19326