Manager, News Publicity
Location: Miami, Florida
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: PR & Communications
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Develop network PR campaigns and programming strategies.Generate publicity for news programming in media via strategically pitched stories, executive/talent interviews and creatively written press releases.Develop and deliver talent media positioning plans.Active outreach to media to service sports and news programming announcements and ratings news.Act as media strategist and campaign planner for assigned shows/talent.Develop positive relationships with talent, producers, PR agencies and representatives, agents, managers, production staffs, media and programming executives in order to ensure maximum coverage.Identify, book and cover executives and talent on key consumer and trade events.Activities will include program strategy development, planning and execution of title campaigns encompassing all print, broadcast and online activities, special events, research and radio promotions.Create and supervise electronic press kits, special clip reels, satellite media tours, press junkets, media interviews, specialists calls, on-set visits, photo shoots and broadcast and the production of related activities for the network.Generate all press materials including releases, bios, captions, feature stories, talking points, story synopsis, pitch letters and correspondence. Service daily media requests and act as network source of information on programs.Monitor competitive environment via daily review of competitive/industry news, and interface with other departments and NBCUniversal TV channels on an as needed basis.Other duties and projects as assigned.
The News Publicity Manager will be responsible for generating maximum, positive media for Telemundo’s news programming.
• Bachelor's Degree in Public Relation or related field and a minimum 5 years of publicity experience and online community management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to produce thorough reports and executive summaries detailing the results of strategic efforts regarding Social Media
• Deep understanding of U.S. Hispanic market and technical/social inclinations, as well as best practices for Social Media campaigns
• Highly organized and able to manage/prioritize multiple projects
• Must be fully fluent in Spanish and English.
• Willingness to travel with short notice and on weekends
• Willingness to work flexible hours including late and/or last-minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment
• Must be willing to work in the greater Miami, Florida area
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Experience working with news media.
• Experience in entertainment industry.
• Exhibit strong interpersonal, writing, pitching, and presentation skills
• Strong computer skills including extensive experience with Microsoft Office programs -Excel, Word, Power Point
• Highly organized and able to manage/prioritize multiple projects
• Familiarity with US Hispanic media
• Self-starter and able to work in an extremely fast paced and high-volume environment
• Experience pitching, booking and covering national and local media interviews
• Able to work both independently and with a team
• Able to juggle and meet numerous deadlines and identify press opportunities
• Proactive, master multi-tasker, creative and strategic thinking plus strong external and team communication skills
• Proven skills in launching shows, crisis management and interfacing with all levels of executives, talent and media
• Superior organization and innovative thinking
• Flexible work schedule with some late nights and weekend work required to cover tapings, shoots and events and frequent travel
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises is a world-class media company leading the industry in the production and distribution of high-quality, Spanish-language content to U.S. Hispanics and audiences around the world. This fast-growing multiplatform portfolio is comprised of the Telemundo Network and Station Group, Telemundo Deportes, Telemundo Global Studios, Universo, and a Digital Enterprises & Emerging Business unit. Telemundo Network features original Spanish-language entertainment, news and sports content reaching 94% of U.S. Hispanic TV households in 210 markets through 30 local stations, 51 affiliates and its national feed. Telemundo also owns WKAQ, a television station that serves viewers in Puerto Rico. Telemundo Deportes is the designated Spanish-language home of two of the world’s most popular sporting events: FIFA World Cup™ through 2026 and the Summer Olympic Games through 2032. Telemundo Global Studios is the company’s domestic and international scripted production unit including Telemundo Studios, Telemundo International Studios, Telemundo International, as well as all of the company’s co-production partnerships. As the #1 media company reaching Hispanics and millennials online, the Digital Enterprises & Emerging Business unit distributes original content across multiple platforms, maximizing its exclusive partnerships with properties such as BuzzFeed, Vox and Snapchat. Through Telemundo Internacional, the largest U.S.-based distributor of Spanish-language content in the world and Universo, the fastest growing Hispanic entertainment cable network, the company reflects the diverse lifestyle, cultural experience and language of its expanding audience. NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises is a division of NBCUniversal, a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.