Associate Marketing Manager, Industry Trade Show and Events
- Full Time
The Associate Marketing Manager, Industry Trade Shows and Events will support a high-impact and strategic sponsorship, thought leadership and exhibit presence for Cox Automotive at industry events and trade shows. This individual will support the integration of assigned brands at industry events and partner with team leadership and brand counterparts to deliver superior client experiences in the industry, driving cross-brand solution adoption and achieving stated event goals and objectives.
Key functions will include execution of sponsorship assets, event reporting & analysis, vendor management, execution of lead driving programs and thought leadership opportunities coupled with cutting-edge activation tactics. This position will work closely with stakeholders across the organization, including enterprise sales, marketing and product departments, to ensure alignment of approach at all events.
The successful candidate will have a proactive and self-directed approach to supporting multiple projects, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated excellence in driving project results in a client-centric fashion and the ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
A strong background in trade shows, exhibit/event management and experience in the automotive industry is preferred.
Support Cox Automotive and Solutions Group negotiations at industry events and trade shows, in collaboration with key stakeholders and team members.
- Advance operational efficiency through collaboration, and identify opportunities for cost savings and process enhancements, including calendar management, budget management and reporting.
- Assist in the development and management of select day-to-day relationships with event organizers and association partners.
- Work with appropriate internal stakeholders (Sales, Marketing, Product) to execute the industry event & trade show strategy for Cox Automotive.
- Support the development of the sponsorship presence and strategic execution for assigned Solutions Group(s) at all Industry Event activities. Key events may include but will not be limited to the following: NADA ConventionNIADA Convention
Digital Dealer Conferences (Spring & Fall)Used Car Week / NAAAAutomotive News Industry EventsSpecialty and Credit EventsIndependent State & Metro Association Events Build, maintain, and leverage cross-departmental and company relationships to actively identify and address opportunities that contribute to increased business results.Actively engage and support change and innovation by communicating the future-state, trying new approaches and collaborating with others to make industry events & trade show change successful.
- Support onsite training plans for Tier 1 & 2 industry events and trade shows, in collaboration with internal learning and training partners.
- Effectively communicate and engage internal and external agency/vendor resources and relationships (Creative Studios, External Exhibit House, Video and Survey Vendors).
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, including occasional weekend travel for events.
- 3+ years of progressive experience in Marketing, preferably within the event, trade show, automotive, media or technology industries.
- Demonstrated experience producing high-quality work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to identify, define, and adjust processes, as needed, to improve department function and business results.
- Strong client focus, including the ability to think in terms of the end-user perspective.
- Proven experience executing in high-energy, high-change culture.
- Strong command of MS Word, Power Point and Excel.Strong production-based and/or event-based project management skills; detail- and results-oriented.
- Clear understanding of and ability to effectively communicate deadlines.
- Ability to drive results in a high-growth matrixed organization.
- Exceptional communication, presentation and problem solving skills.
- Strong project management skills; detail and results-oriented.
- Outstanding team player and relationship builder.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.