Putnam Books is seeking a Senior Publicist to join their talented team. The Senior Publicist will work independently on titles, and will have the opportunity to partner with senior staff members on major author campaigns.
Putnam publishes an array of commercial, best-selling fiction, literary fiction and prescriptive nonfiction titles. Among the bestselling and prize-winning authors published by Putnam are Delia Owens, Kiley Reid, Chloe Benjamin, Hoda Kotb, Tom Clancy, Clive Cussler, Janet Evanovich, John Sandford, Lisa Scottoline, Megan Abbott, David Joy and John Kenney.
* Develop publicity strategies and implement successful campaigns for a diverse list of titles, including bestselling franchise authors.
* Oversee all aspects of campaigns, including media, review coverage and book tours as well as pre-publication media and bookseller events.
* Help authors understand the forward process of book publicity and promotion.
* Leverage traditional and digital media to drive awareness.
* Have existing media relationships and create content and mailings to media contacts.
* Create all publicity materials and maintain publicity lists/contacts.
* Oversee a shared department assistant.
* Minimum of 4 years of publicity experience
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to communicate appropriately across all levels and divisions of the company as well as with external parties
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
* Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and set priorities
* Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team
* Creative, innovative and resourceful approach to publicity and possess excellent knowledge of diverse media outlets
* Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs
* Previous experience overseeing a junior colleague a plus
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.